Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Chronicle forum post counts

Started by kaysixteen, May 23, 2019, 09:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aside

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 04:37:22 PM
Quote from: Bbmaj7b5 on June 26, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
Thanks! It's a chord in one of my favorite jazz songs ever.
I like it!  I have the recording from Kind of Blue.
Bill Evans is great!  And so is Miles Davis!

Conjugate

Quote from: InfoPri on June 03, 2019, 10:14:05 PM
So, not to complain so early on, but:  The field in the profile for entering one's CHE post count needs to be larger.  Folks with fewer than 10,000 posts can use a comma, but those of us with 10,000 or more posts apparently cannot.  Can this be adjusted?  Many thanks.

P.S.  Those of you who were responsible for researching and establishing these new fora (including the decision making involved) deserve a big round of applause.  Thank you for taking this on!  I haven't been around the fora much these past few years, but it has been nice to know that the fora were there, and I'm glad that CHE's decision to discontinue supporting them didn't lead to the demise of this community.  Again, thanks!

It's good to see you here, InfoPri. I remember you fondly from the early days of the old fora, and I hope that these fora don't slowly diminish like the others did.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε

Morris Zapp

Can I just say how glad I am that that little sentence "you have been logged into the forum for 486 hours" or whatever it was no longer comes up?  I used to perform this mental math and feel guilty for having spent months of my life here and promise to do better, etc. etc. etc.  Best not to know.

wellfleet

Quote from: Morris Zapp on June 28, 2019, 10:59:18 AM
Can I just say how glad I am that that little sentence "you have been logged into the forum for 486 hours" or whatever it was no longer comes up?  I used to perform this mental math and feel guilty for having spent months of my life here and promise to do better, etc. etc. etc.  Best not to know.

Me, too, man. Me, too.
One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

Parasaurolophus

Perhaps this isn't the best time for me to say that I can see how much time you've spent logged on, and I suspect that you could, too, if I told you where to look... (sorry about it!)

I don't think it's tied to my moddly privileges, anyway. If someone without them feels like checking, let me know!
I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 28, 2019, 03:58:40 PM

Perhaps this isn't the best time for me to say that I can see how much time you've spent logged on, and I suspect that you could, too, if I told you where to look... (sorry about it!)

I don't think it's tied to my moddly privileges, anyway. If someone without them feels like checking, let me know!

When I log in as a regular member, I can see anyone's stats through their profile, but I have to look in the right place.

As a regular member, I can also click the stats link at the bottom of the main page and see top 10 stats for longest time in.  I am currently behind the leader Namazu so clearly I need to up my game.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

namazu

Quote from: polly_mer on June 28, 2019, 04:17:03 PM

When I log in as a regular member, I can see anyone's stats through their profile, but I have to look in the right place.

As a regular member, I can also click the stats link at the bottom of the main page and see top 10 stats for longest time in.  I am currently behind the leader Namazu so clearly I need to up my game.
Oh, sure -- rub it in!  (Squandering my precious time on Earth has, alas, always been one of my pronounced strengths.)

If you're not up to catching me, baba ji's "online black magic" is only a phone call away!

polly_mer

Quote from: namazu on June 28, 2019, 04:44:25 PM

Oh, sure -- rub it in!  (Squandering my precious time on Earth has, alas, always been one of my pronounced strengths.)

If you're not up to catching me, baba ji's "online black magic" is only a phone call away!

What squandering?  We're interacting with a fabulous community and doing our parts to nurture the new fora.  The human side matters!

namazu

Quote from: polly_mer on June 28, 2019, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: namazu on June 28, 2019, 04:44:25 PM

What squandering?  We're interacting with a fabulous community and doing our parts to nurture the new fora.  The human side matters!
What is this, the validation thread?!  ;)  You're right, though.  (That said, if I spent a bit less time compulsively refreshing the page, it would probably be good for me.)

polly_mer

Quote from: namazu on June 28, 2019, 04:54:11 PM
What is this, the validation thread?!  ;)  You're right, though.  (That said, if I spent a bit less time compulsively refreshing the page, it would probably be good for me.)

Is this the place to admit that I visit my home office during commercial breaks in the evening just to see if someone new has registered or something really juicy has been posted?

Or should I admit that I have not been to bed on time in a few weeks because I do one last 5 min check here that turns into a couple hours?

InfoPri

Quote from: Conjugate on June 28, 2019, 09:15:08 AM
Quote from: InfoPri on June 03, 2019, 10:14:05 PM
So, not to complain so early on, but:  The field in the profile for entering one's CHE post count needs to be larger.  Folks with fewer than 10,000 posts can use a comma, but those of us with 10,000 or more posts apparently cannot.  Can this be adjusted?  Many thanks.

P.S.  Those of you who were responsible for researching and establishing these new fora (including the decision making involved) deserve a big round of applause.  Thank you for taking this on!  I haven't been around the fora much these past few years, but it has been nice to know that the fora were there, and I'm glad that CHE's decision to discontinue supporting them didn't lead to the demise of this community.  Again, thanks!

It's good to see you here, InfoPri. I remember you fondly from the early days of the old fora, and I hope that these fora don't slowly diminish like the others did.

Howdy, Conjugate!  I remember you, too, and happy to reconnect on these new fora.  I'm not in academia anymore (in fact, thanks to some health adventures, I suspect I'm retired now, even if I'm not yet collecting any retiree money yet), but I thought I'd join here, as I like checking in from time to time.

mamselle

+6 or 8 or 10 on being glad to see you, InfoPri!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.