News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwG to remember cameo. LB was not coming together for me - got hints for rituals-smokey.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got 3/4 pangrams and past genius.  I think I just have 4 words left.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for mecca.  That's funny about omega, Langue_doc!

I am so mad about LB! I had a few good contenders, but I had malarkey, tour, and -ism and totally failed to put it all together.  Congrats on your solutions!

happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Three pangrams and past genius, but nine words to go.  Oof!  Yesterday I got some help from SBB to find magma.

LB:  I had the "official" tourism-malarkey.  And I found one quickly today. 

Grandson's concert was fun, although his duet was shorter than we had expected. Still, it was fun to see him.  He looked very solemn and serious!  The school district has a robust music program, I am happy to say, with lots of kids participating between orchestra, band, and chorus.  While no one is ready for Carnegie Hall yet (although the chorus was quite good), they all put in a good effort, and despite a few cacophonous instances (it's middle school), did very well in all.  Grandson will be continuing with music in high school next year.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Cathwen, I'm glad the recital went so well! They typically don't include very long pieces at that level, but it's great that GS was able to show his talent off to an adoring crowd.  [redacted long thing about eldest's band experience and how wonderful it was because I know I ramble on too much]  I hope GS gets to enjoy a similar pathway and all the pride, confidence, and self-growth it can bring. 

And congrats on getting malarkey's mate! And another today!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words were gull and bulgur.

preformative/elect (I think)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Last words yesterday were glug/glugging.  Today I am beyond genius with the pangram, but still have five words to go. 

LB:  I had the "official" comparable-elf.  No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and past genius... I think I have 4 words left.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for bulgur.

For LB, I also had preformative-elect!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word luging.

LB got close with compactor-revive-elf then a hint from a friend for campfire-elevator.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Took a bit to get the pangram and then another bit to get to genius.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I was missing ninepin, pepped.

I tried mightily with LB to no avail.  I thought bereavements would get me somewhere.  All I got was a ship with wombat and something else I forget now.  And all I have today is a ship! Hopefully that will change.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word pepped. LB with a nudge for tubeworm-mavens which I thought I made up.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwSBBH to find ninepin and panini.  Today I clawed my way to genius with the pangram (which took me a long time to find), six words to go. 

LB:  I had wombat-turnovers.  I'm really struggling with today's LB—no 2fer yet. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word was dapped.

wombat/turnovers here too.

Just got home so don't think I'll have time for more puzzling today.

Happy solving!

onthefringe

wombat-turnovers as well — I was determined to make "wombat" work.

schmofficial today

ab_grp

Congrats on all the wombat mates! I can't remember what I kept trying to make work with it, but I guess I missed the obvious.  Argh!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Needed help with arhat to reach QB.

Going on the rescheduled hike--weather looks lovely. Have been losing my crossword streaks, but the outdoors calls.

Happy solving!