News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday to find chihuahua and arhat, but also the last word—which I was sure I had gotten before—catch!  Today I have both pangrams and am at QB-2, but stuck.

LB:  I did not find a 2fer yesterday!  I had overpack, crackerjack, jackpot...but could not find mates.  Mojito never occurred to me.  Today, though, I have a 2fer.

Enjoy your hike, Langue_doc!  We're probably going for a walk later, since it is a nice day. 

Happy walking and puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams, and I think I have 4 words left.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for arhat, chica.

No luck on LB here, either.  I had a ship of jackpot~overtime but could not come up with mojito.  Gotta add that to the J list in my mind.

Have a good hike, Langue_doc!

And a good walk, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for chihuahua. LB was working with jackpot-trio-overtime then got a hint for mojito-overpack.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word banc which I didn't try because, you know, French. LB princeling-ghouls.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Needed help with a couple of words yesterday to get to QB. I might have to resort to BB today too as I'm pressed for time.

Lovely outing, glorious weather, most scenic surroundings, and last but not least, a wonderfully appreciative group of people. Two of us from this organization planned and organized this event, so I was gratified to see that my fellow hikers were happy with this outing.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got a pangram and above genius but can't find the other.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I was missing boba, catacomb.

I had shlep-procuring yesterday.  More variety!

Glad you had such a nice event, especially one that you organized, Langue_doc! It's always a good feeling to see your efforts well received.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwBB to find bobcat and banc.  Today I am at QB-1.  It took me ages to find the two pangrams!

LB:  I had chophouses-splurging.  More variety!  No 2fer yet today, though.

Langue_doc, I'm glad your event went well! 

Happy puzzling!

onthefringe

lots of variety yesterday — I had lurching-gropes. I like chophouses-splurging better though.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got all 3 pangrams but still 13 points left to genius.  But I had other puzzles to get to! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for hottie.  Ugh.  I had a hard time finding neolith, and husband had a hard time finding hotline.

I had foxglove-exurban yesterday.  The latter took me a while, even though I swear I used that word as part of a solution not too long ago.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for thee, telethon. LB foxglove-exurban and yes, ab_grp I also recall this as a solution some time back.

Anyway, happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwBB help for last word:  litho.  Today I have all three pangrams and eight words to go. 

Congratulations on those who found a 2fer yesterday!  I did not.  I had fox and glove, but not foxglove.  Today, though, I found a 2fer fairly quickly.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

LB interface has changed again. Now it blocks the screen after I solve it so I can't screenshot it unless I redo it and stop before I hit the final enter.

ab_grp

Quote from: ciao_yall on May 23, 2023, 09:49:19 AM
LB interface has changed again. Now it blocks the screen after I solve it so I can't screenshot it unless I redo it and stop before I hit the final enter.

Yuck! Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.  I noticed this morning that when I hit "restart" it gives me a full-screen "are you sure you want to start over" instead of the little pop up it had recently added.  And when I was doing the easy sudoku this morning, it initially had an ad covering the bottom part of the puzzle! They must be doing some fooling around.

Oh yeah! Since I'm complaining, how is nonillionth not acceptable?! I had to learn nonillion just for the bee, and now...?!! There's at least one not accepted today as well.

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB with help. I knew it was going to be a long day. Needed BB for neolith. Now the bee has a link to play the previous day's puzzle.

ab_grp, that's an impressive reading list!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word belie. And LB hint for world-dystopian. Quick GwP and 2fer this morning so all is right with the world.

Happy solving!