Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and a bit past genius.  Yesterday, after getting to genius with all the pangrams, I apparently forgot how long the puzzle was, didn't get back to it, and had a ton of words left when we got to our brief evening puzzling time.  Oops.  We still almost had team QB but needed bee buddy for iambi.  Thanks for the heads up about the link to previous bee, Langue_doc.  Is that just on the app? I will take a look later.  I don't see it on the web interface right now but might not be looking in the right place.

For LB, I had windsails-sporty.  Congrats, ciao_yall, and on another today!

Langue_doc, if you are referring to the what have you read thread, I do listen to a lot of books (and podcasts), but I do not really try to absorb them extensively or think too critically about them.  You do much deeper reading than I do! And I can listen while doing other things.  I definitely could not sit and read that many books in that time period.  But thank you!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB with help to find iambi and amebic.  But my last word was became!  Ugh!  Today I have the pangram and five words to go, but I may need help to find them.

LB:  I had parlays-sitdown. Lots of variety!  I have a 2fer today, also. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Had to resort to BB to find the last couple of words.

ambushes/soldier

ab_grp, the link to the previous days puzzles shows up on the computer https://www.nytimes.com/puzzles/spelling-bee, but not on the Kindle. I rarely use the phone for puzzling.
QuoteStatsPlay Yesterday's Puzzle Hints More

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and finally to genius.  I almost forgot that I got to QBABM yesterday! Last words were duvet, deceit.

I also had ambushes-soldier for LB.

Thanks, Langue_doc! Mine still doesn't show that on the computer! I wonder if they are just rolling it out to select subscribers to gauge some reaction first? Or maybe I would need to totally clear my cache and so forth.

Anyone else see yesterday's puzzle option for the bee?

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

ab_grp, see if this link works: https://www.nytimes.com/puzzles/spelling-bee/2023-05-24

When I click on the link I get this yellow page--just clicked on the link so that I could post the following:
QuoteSpelling BeeMay 24, 2023
Edited by Sam Ezersky
PAST PUZZLES
Wednesday
May 24, 2023
You have 191 points.
Play
Edited by Sam Ezersky

ab_grp

Thanks, Langue_doc! Yep, I got that same yellow page when I clicked on your link.  Because I got QB I can't really play that one (well, I guess that's true for all of them since we always use bee buddy at the end), and I can't see a way to reset it to start over (which would only be fun for older puzzles anyway).  It does give you the list of that day's answers, which is new, so you can look at that while you're playing and not just check back on them the next day.  But can you also go back to older puzzles? "Past puzzles" is not clickable for me, and I don't see any place to find any other than yesterday's.  But at least I can get to yesterday's now!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwBB to get eidetic and deceit.  Today I am at genius with the pangram, and three words to go.

LB:  Congratulations, ab_grp and Langue_doc, on finding normal words for LB!  I had an odd 2fer:  bulimious-shadier.  The first word was a wild guess and I was surprised when it was accepted.  Today I had an easier time finding a 2fer with relatively normal words. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word tutee. LB dialer-rhombus and a quick 2fer today.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

ab_grp, you can play previous puzzles from last week and the current one. I'll have to get on the computer to see what to do to get the link. Will do so tomorrow morning as I have to leave now.

ab_grp

Langue_doc, I just found a place to get to the previous puzzles: https://www.nytimes.com/puzzles/spelling-bee/hub  When I finished my sudokus and went to all games, I saw that "Past Puzzles" was in the Spelling Bee tile and led to this page.  I am still not sure how to reset the previous puzzle to play again, but we're going in the right direction.  Thanks again for the heads up!

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

ETA: Got a 2fer!

ETA2: I can get to yesterday's puzzle in the app now, but not to previous puzzles, so I guess things are being rolled out piecemeal.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't have the time to complete the puzzle yesterday.

ab_grp, the Kindle now shows you the link to the previous day's puzzle. I think you have to use the NYT website on the computer to access the puzzles for the previous week and also the previous days of the current week.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I needed SBB help to find biotin, nitro, rotini.  Today I am at QB-1.  It's a 4L word, but I'll be darned if I can find it. 

LB:  I had the "official" zygotes-scrawl. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and past genius to QB-1 as well! But mine is a 6-letter word.  Well, cathwen and I have team QB! Yesterday we needed bee buddy's help to get bobbin for some reason. 

For LB I got the schmofficial zygotes-scrawl as well.

Thanks, Langue_doc.  I noticed that it's kind of annoying that I can't just click on yesterday's answers (which I use when I post which words we were missing, since I can never remember until I see the list).  Now I have to go to yesterday's puzzle and through all the clicking rigamarole and reveal the answers.  I may go back to using nytbee.com for that.  I have been using that recently for totals instead of Shunn since I no longer need Shunn for help (thanks, bee buddy!).  Since I have yesterday's loaded there still at the start of the day, I can just click to show answers on that site in one step.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw/Grid, last word inhibit. LB zygotes-scrawl.

Quick QB-4 and 2fer today. Will it be an ABM day? Let's find out!

Happy solving!