News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The quiet room thread...

Started by mamselle, October 29, 2020, 12:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

...for all those in need of some peace of mind....

Thought we'd set this up awhile ago, but I guess not.

So...

Here are enough blankets, hidden corners, sleepy kittens and puppies, and warm beverages of your choice to soothe your raw nerves, and allow for some quiet decompression any time of the day or night.

You can build a pillow fort with those pillows over there; you can make a blanket cave with those sheets and card tables up against the wall, there--and there are three bookcases of well-thumbed classics, as well as meditative resources from a wide variety of spiritual traditions, over there...

Oh, and there's an infinity oven that continually dispenses warm chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, pecan sandies, and croissants against that other wall, and a fridge with juices, cream, milk, cheeses, fresh fruits, and various sherberts and ice creams beside it.

You have only to ask, and it's there, whatever it is you need to be calm, peaceful, and human again...

Welcome.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

fourhats

I'll take two sleepy kittens, please.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Hegemony

I'm settling in over there in the Rip Van Winkle corner. When I wake up again, I want people to be studying all this in history books and saying, "How ever did people make it through that craziness?"  Then I'll gesture to the pillow fort and doze off again.

mamselle

Sounds like a plan.

We'll put the white noise machine just outside the fort, with a "do not disturb" sign....

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Could I have some parrots to perch on me and a cheese plate?

mamselle

Indeed, there's a birds-and-music corner, and cheeses and crackers galore.

Any special favorites?

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on October 29, 2020, 05:09:38 PM
Indeed, there's a birds-and-music corner, and cheeses and crackers galore.

Any special favorites?

M.

Favorite bird or cheese/cracker?

Any parrot. I had cockatiels for 30 years, so I'm partial to them. Caiques are cute and actually will wrestle with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJhApIi-dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCLTShJ2vI

As for cheese? Whatever you've got! Chevre with cranberries, Brie, Gouda, Camembert...

Edit: Though the birds may be too loud for the 'Quiet Room.' :)

mamselle

After a very short distance, the sound dissipates and those who want it quiet won't hear a thing....

M.

ergative

May I please have a low-impact running route, with no traffic, no foot pain, and perfect weather? I'll enjoy the blankets, kittens, and silence better if I've had a chance to make my body ready for indolence.

mamselle

Yes, there's a protected pine forest out back and the pine needles are never cleared from the path, just raked a bit, to provide a soft, quiet space for running.

The geodesic dome keeps the rain and cold out, while allowing for soft breezes and birdsong as you go.

Pleasant running, and we'll have the hot-water showers and a mug of your favorite calming tea ready for your walk-down when you return.

M.

little bongo

Sounds good-- with 1) blanket, 1) soft pillow, and 1) corner, I'll be fine. Oh, and maybe a hot tea.

mamselle

You've got it. What are your favorite flavors of tea? Honey? Sugar? Milk? Cream?

We'll be sure to put them in a little basket for you and leave them in your corner.

M.

Hegemony

I appreciate the underfloor heating. I gather that comes from the hot springs under our dome, which also make for such nice natural hot springs to soak in just down the pine-needle-cushioned path.

I'm over here curled up in a ball with a fuzzy blanket over me, but appreciate hearing the soft murmur of other folks chatting and settling in.

teach_write_research

This is pretty spectacular, thank you. My family of four lives in an "energy efficient" apartment, aka, small.

I'll be over there on the three-season back porch adjacent to the quiet room. Thanks for the comfy couch with blankets and pillows. Nice plants. Is the kettle hot? A cuppa green tea would hit the spot. I'm going to read for awhile.