News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

2021 New Year's Resolutions

Started by Cheerful, December 02, 2020, 02:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheerful

Do you usually make such resolutions?

Will you make any New Year's Resolutions for 2021?

clean

My resolution for over a decade is "no regrets".

It has 2 meanings.
a.  Dont do stupid stuff!
b.  Dont beat yourself up if things dont work out.  IF a decision reveals itself to be subpar, then at least, having followed a, it was a well thought out decision, likely the best that could be made with the information at hand.

Oh, and "lose weight."
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mahagonny

This is the year I'm going to beat mental depression. Yay!

Cheerful

Still thinking about mine.  Anyone else?

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

apl68

I don't make resolutions per se, but there are a number of things that I'm aware that I need to be working on in the new year.  2020 feels like something of a lost year.  I'm hoping to accomplish more in 2021.  Here at work we need to be doing a lot to try to win back the public, once we can start offering face-to-face events beyond routine service again.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Goals, maybe...

1. Make the very best possible use of the time that has just been freed by a generous severance bonus that is actually going to come through from my soon-to-end "day job." This means research-and-writing time, mostly, plus some long-deferred tasks that really need to be done.

2. Figure out how to make good use of the good will, good effort, and unexpected resources that have opened up as I've done so much online teaching. It will be nice to be in-person whenever that happens, but it may not really be safe until summer or fall, as I see it, and I've enjoyed certain parts of this.

3. Do more with the things I've been given, both internally and externally, to make a focused gift of the gift of life to myself and others. To the extent my bandwidths will allow, find ways to share the things people need with the people who need them, whether by encouragement, actual gifting, or prayer.

4. Figure out next steps in terms of research-and-writing, teaching, performing, and (when it becomes possible again!) dance, skating, and cycling. Several old goals may sometime soon be realized and it might be good to have a sense of what is to follow them...and what to look forward to.

That'll do for now.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Kron3007

I don't, but I did step on the scale a couple weeks ago for the first time in a while and decided it was time to drop some weight.  One ofy kids has also started putting on weight, so it is time to set a better example and start eating better.  The pandemic has not been helpful with our activity levels or eating habits, so time to reset.

So far, I have dropped about 10 pounds.  I am pretty happy with this, especially since this was over Christmas and I have been surrounded by pies and other delectables. 

ciao_yall

I am a superfan of WW. I'm slacking a bit over the holiday, but plan to get back on with Blue Dot January. (You would need to join WW to learn what that means.)

bio-nonymous

New Year's Resolution (more a goal): Reorganize and straighten up the chaos that is my home office (work office is in good shape at least!).

AmLitHist

Goals:

1. Get seriously more organized in terms of teaching the LVL/synchronous classes.  (I did way too much winging it this fall.)

2. Get way better about dividing work life/work time from real life/my own time. 

3.  Cut the screen time (particularly mindlessly sitting and scrolling on the phone after supper) way down.

4.  Crochet a lot more, and more consistently--i.e., pick up something and do at least a few rows/rounds every day, and overall do much more than this minimum.  I'm much better emotionally and mentally when I do this; my focus when I do work shows the effects.

5.  Cut out the random online people/voices who irritate me, and do my best to not be one of those people for others.

spork

1. Continue detaching psychologically from my job, with the goal of earning more money for less work.

2. Use the newly-available time and energy to improve my proficiency in my wife's native language, which is embarrassingly low after over a decade of marriage.

3. Possibly electrify the garage.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

evil_physics_witchcraft

My Goals:

1. Lose mass and get in better shape. Walk and do some kind of cardio daily or every other day. Meditate/do yoga for mental relaxation.

2. Determine if I need this damn body part removed. See doctors in Jan.

3. Refloor the laundry room, repaint three bedrooms (and possibly other rooms), work on the garage, etc.

4. Clear out the backyard. Maybe hire goats to eat the ivy? Landscape it. Put in a vegetable garden.

5. Try to enjoy life.

Vkw10

1. Master my mother's Sunday pot roast recipe.
2. Do chair exercises I'm learning in PT daily.
3. Schedule and take 14 days of vacation.
4. Survive.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

fishbrains

1. Not to tell too many people that 2020 was actually a pretty good year for me, hermit that I am.

2. Keep up the exercise routine, but stop eating so damn much.

3. Get back into mission/volunteer work.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford