News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

California Republicans. What???

Started by ciao_yall, September 23, 2023, 12:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

True story:

My sister is a pediatrician. A pair of twins joined her practice.

One day, one twin, aged 3 or 4, asked "Mommy, why don't I have a penis?" Because, you're a girl. "No, I'm a boy, and my name is Jack."

So the parents decided to just go with it.

When the kids came in for their check up, Jack pulled my sister aside. "Doctor E, you are aware that I don't have a penis, right?"

Not sure what Jack is up to now.

marshwiggle

Quote from: ciao_yall on September 25, 2023, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: marshwiggle on September 25, 2023, 08:55:03 AMIf the teacher is not actually running a role-playing game in the classroom, then the teacher should not be using pronouns for children that differ from those correct for the child's sex*. The teacher should help children understand the difference between fantasy and reality, so that everyone clearly distinguishes between statements made during something like a role-playing exercise and those made in normal conversation.

*Since the teacher cannot distinguish between role-playing and gender dysphoria, the teacher should not pretend to diagnose the latter, anymore than they should try to diagnose any sort of medical condition a student may or may not have. And like any medical condition, without a registered medical diagnosis, the teacher should not assume one exists.

So, now teachers have to go and approve, on the playground, who plays which role in a game? Because apparently kids don't understand the concept of 'pretend'?

The teacher is responsible for what language they and students use in their classrooms. The playground isn't their problem, (and that's not what parents are worried about).

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 25, 2023, 09:04:15 AMI, for one, applaud this brave new regimen of pulling down the kids' pants at the beginning of the year, just so that teachers will get it right. Maybe if they get a good look at his penis, people will stop thinking my son is my daughter.

That information wasn't required as part of the student's registration? I guess times have indeed changed.

QuoteI run a parent-and-tot singalong. One day, a four year-old came in and told us she was a lion. We all indulged her, but I see now we did irreparable harm and she's destined to become a furry.

If the leaders require all of the other kids and adults to go along with it, it's getting out of hand.
Quote from: ciao_yall on September 25, 2023, 09:12:26 AMTrue story:

My sister is a pediatrician. A pair of twins joined her practice.

One day, one twin, aged 3 or 4, asked "Mommy, why don't I have a penis?" Because, you're a girl. "No, I'm a boy, and my name is Jack."

So the parents decided to just go with it.

When the kids came in for their check up, Jack pulled my sister aside. "Doctor E, you are aware that I don't have a penis, right?"

Not sure what Jack is up to now.

I would assume that if your sister had to actually examine "Jack"'s genitals, she would have used the proper terms to explain what she was doing, and would similarly do so in any medical reports, rather than using whatever terminology "Jack" requested.

It takes so little to be above average.

ciao_yall

Quote from: marshwiggle on September 25, 2023, 09:23:05 AM
Quote from: ciao_yall on September 25, 2023, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: marshwiggle on September 25, 2023, 08:55:03 AMIf the teacher is not actually running a role-playing game in the classroom, then the teacher should not be using pronouns for children that differ from those correct for the child's sex*. The teacher should help children understand the difference between fantasy and reality, so that everyone clearly distinguishes between statements made during something like a role-playing exercise and those made in normal conversation.

*Since the teacher cannot distinguish between role-playing and gender dysphoria, the teacher should not pretend to diagnose the latter, anymore than they should try to diagnose any sort of medical condition a student may or may not have. And like any medical condition, without a registered medical diagnosis, the teacher should not assume one exists.

So, now teachers have to go and approve, on the playground, who plays which role in a game? Because apparently kids don't understand the concept of 'pretend'?

The teacher is responsible for what language they and students use in their classrooms. The playground isn't their problem, (and that's not what parents are worried about).

A parent sees what their child is wearing to school, what toys they ask for, with whom, and how they play, with their friends. I can't believe for a second that a parent wouldn't have a clue that their child was exploring gender identity one way or the other, and needed the school to tell them what was going on.

And kids are sensitive to the opinions of other kids, and how they will likely react if they choose to use a different name, pronouns or bathrooms. They will do what feels right to them and if their peers are accepting, great! If not, they will probably lie low or choose when/how to share their thoughts about their gender identity.

What? My little girl, who leaves the house every day in a frilly dress and pigtails, is changing into a secret stash of jeans/t-shirts, telling everyone HIS name is Jack and using the boy's bathroom?