Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your unpopular opinions

Started by Sun_Worshiper, September 25, 2023, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: marshwiggle on November 11, 2023, 06:24:36 AM
Quote from: Kron3007 on November 10, 2023, 06:38:19 PM
Quote from: marshwiggle on November 09, 2023, 04:58:11 AMCannabis stinks.

Like literally? Figuratively? Both?

Literally. I have a particular dislike for the individuals who take the last drag of their joints outside, but then wait to exhale inside the elevator, so that everyone in  the building gets to "appreciate" the experience until the stench eventually dissipates.

NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO SMELL YOUR WEED!

Now back to our regular cortisol levels....

This is some seriously rude behavior. Glad to say I haven't encountered it, but I'd be annoyed too.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on November 11, 2023, 08:23:47 AM
Quote from: marshwiggle on November 11, 2023, 06:24:36 AM
Quote from: Kron3007 on November 10, 2023, 06:38:19 PM
Quote from: marshwiggle on November 09, 2023, 04:58:11 AMCannabis stinks.

Like literally? Figuratively? Both?

Literally. I have a particular dislike for the individuals who take the last drag of their joints outside, but then wait to exhale inside the elevator, so that everyone in  the building gets to "appreciate" the experience until the stench eventually dissipates.

NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO SMELL YOUR WEED!

Now back to our regular cortisol levels....

This is some seriously rude behavior. Glad to say I haven't encountered it, but I'd be annoyed too.

There is a particular trail in the park where I walk the dogs that runs along the side of a hill.  It's a small bluff, maybe 30 feet, and it is a regular hangout for the pop smokers, probably local teens.

I gotta say, I love the smell.  It's like the incense we had in the censer at church growing up (but it is different----don't worry, they were not stoning us with second hand smoke).  And I smoked a fair amount of pot at one point in my life, and I liked the smell back then too.

I may even walk the dogs in the park today.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

fishbrains

You have to do too much to pumpkin to make it edible, and it's never worth the effort.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

apl68

Quote from: fishbrains on November 12, 2023, 06:04:24 AMYou have to do too much to pumpkin to make it edible, and it's never worth the effort.

Mostly in agreement with that.  I think I've had some pumpkin pie that was OK.  Pretty much anything else pumpkin-related seems not worth the bother.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

little bongo

Roasted pumpkin seeds can be tasty, although you do still have to sort through pumpkin guts.

Kron3007

Quote from: apl68 on November 13, 2023, 08:36:30 AM
Quote from: fishbrains on November 12, 2023, 06:04:24 AMYou have to do too much to pumpkin to make it edible, and it's never worth the effort.

Mostly in agreement with that.  I think I've had some pumpkin pie that was OK.  Pretty much anything else pumpkin-related seems not worth the bother.

Most "pumpkin" pie is actually made from butternut squash.  It is probably the better return on work.

However, I have had some really good soups with pumpkin in them. 

marshwiggle

Quote from: Kron3007 on November 13, 2023, 10:09:31 AM
Quote from: apl68 on November 13, 2023, 08:36:30 AM

Most "pumpkin" pie is actually made from butternut squash.  It is probably the better return on work.

However, I have had some really good soups with pumpkin in them. 

My mom always made squash pie, not pumpkin pie. She didn't spice it as heavily as people often do with pumpkin pie, and I preferred it.
It takes so little to be above average.

mythbuster

The best pumpkin I have ever had is the roasted pumpkin (Kaddo) from the Helmand Afghan restaurant. Outposts in Boston and San Francisco. It's the only time I ever say- be sure to get the pumpkin! Otherwise I can do without- even in pie form.

jimbogumbo

This thread is now just a bunch of Thanksgiving hatred! Long live the pumpkin pie!

Or just go with sweet potato. Yum!

fishbrains

Quote from: jimbogumbo on November 13, 2023, 02:19:52 PMThis thread is now just a bunch of Thanksgiving hatred! Long live the pumpkin pie!

Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top is the most disgusting dish ever created in the history of ever.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

Kron3007

Quote from: fishbrains on November 13, 2023, 07:22:55 PM
Quote from: jimbogumbo on November 13, 2023, 02:19:52 PMThis thread is now just a bunch of Thanksgiving hatred! Long live the pumpkin pie!

Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top is the most disgusting dish ever created in the history of ever.

I've never tried it, but that sounds horrible.

AmLitHist

In the Thanksgiving vein, I can do without turkey.  I don't dislike it, but, meh. (I do love sliced turkey in sandwiches, though.)

Further, I could happily do without the whole big-meal, eat-yourself-into-a-coma aspect of most holidays.

marshwiggle

Quote from: Kron3007 on November 14, 2023, 03:18:48 AM
Quote from: fishbrains on November 13, 2023, 07:22:55 PM

I've never tried it, but that sounds horrible.

Marshmallows belong in exactly two foods; smore's and hot chocolate.
It takes so little to be above average.

little bongo

The marshmallow-sweet potato dish has been something of a tradition for our family, with the youngest members getting to put the marshmallows on top before the stuff goes in the oven. I find the dish itself neither great nor horrible, but more important as a way for the little ones to contribute to the preparation in a fun way.

ab_grp

I love savory sweet potatoes but agree about the sweet sweet potato dishes.  Especially the ones with maple syrup! I don't think that maple syrup belongs on much besides pancakes and French toast.  Don't get me started on chicken and waffles.  That makes no sense at all to me.