News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your unpopular opinions

Started by Sun_Worshiper, September 25, 2023, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

Young adults should show proper deference to adults old enough to be their parents.

EdnaMode

Quote from: apl68 on September 26, 2023, 03:44:40 PM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 26, 2023, 02:06:07 PM
Quote from: apl68 on September 26, 2023, 12:49:41 PM
Quote from: EdnaMode on September 26, 2023, 09:20:17 AMTaylor Swift is massively overrated.

<Thankful for EdnaMode's sake that this is an anonymous forum>

If the swifties get wind of EdnaMode's post they might take down the entire forum

That actually occurred to me as well.

I'd love to see them try 😁😁
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

sinenomine

Citizen Kane is very much overrated.

People are nuts for buying coffee at Starbucks — save your money and brew it at home!

Disco is a great musical genre.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

fishbrains

Quote from: marshwiggle on September 26, 2023, 07:35:30 AMNew covers of old songs in a different style are almost always a travesty.

Mashups are generally even worse.

In general agreement, but let me introduce you to Richard Cheese: https://youtu.be/C7CBcc2rwkM.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

apl68

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on September 26, 2023, 06:23:52 PMJane Austin is boring.

You may be living even more dangerously for expressing that one than EdnaMode is....

Agreed with MarathonRunner about coffee.  That stuff's nasty.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ciao_yall

Not interested in seeing bands perform that were performing back before the current hot acts were even born.

This thought put me on a search for the old Bloom County strip from 1982 when the Rolling Stones came to town. "These schmoes look like they are 40 years old!"

little bongo

The Princess Bride. I don't dislike it--I think it's a pleasant time-filler, but I don't think it's, well, great.

secundem_artem

There is no difference between "good" Mexican food and "bad" Mexican food.

The only role Jack Nicholson ever played was Jack Nicholson.

Rap/Hip Hop is only bad poetry spoken rapidly.

Hilary Clinton is the best president America never had.

There is a reason you've never seen a Dutch restaurant.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Juvenal

Quote from: apl68 on September 26, 2023, 12:49:41 PM
Quote from: EdnaMode on September 26, 2023, 09:20:17 AMTaylor Swift is massively overrated.

<Thankful for EdnaMode's sake that this is an anonymous forum>
I had no, NO idea who this person, Taylor Swift, was until all the recent brou-ha-ha.  But, then, I was paying attention to the final concerts of the Emerson Quartet.  Silly me.
Cranky septuagenarian

mythbuster

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mythbuster on September 27, 2023, 12:58:08 PMThere really are stupid questions.

Just before I gave a big presentation, one of my supervisors once reminded me that "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers."

For my part, I don't care for Neil Gaiman's adult writing. And I think that Blood Meridian was pretentious twaddle, and desperately boring.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Linkedin is the most toxic social media site.

Twitter has been lame for a decade and it is no worse (or better) under Musk than it was in the years before he took over.

The Exorcist is a good movie, but not a scary one.

Wahoo Redux

Actually, now that I think about it, Bon Jovi is the worst band of all time. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on September 27, 2023, 09:17:56 PMActually, now that I think about it, Bon Jovi is the worst band of all time. 

Since a significant chunk of Christian rock is composed of Bon Jovi clones, I'm not sure how that can possibly be true.
I know it's a genus.

Kron3007

Watching sports is boring and a huge waste of time and energy.

Perhaps I will find a little more support for this on this forum, but this one has plagued me my whole life.  I recall so many times people ask if you like hockey, football, etc., and are kind of shocked when I say no.  Then, when they continue to ask what sport I follow and the look I get when I tell them none...

I just don't understand the fascination.