News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

SMARTYPANTS is great! I am sure I have been called a smartypants, though most likely not a glamorous one.  And congrats on getting that pangram in there in time!

ciao_yall

2fer and genius.

So I'm definitely a smartypants, but glamorous is more situational.

Parasaurolophus

1 point short of genius today, but it'll come!
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Congrats on the 2fer, ciao_yall!

I think I am one word away from QB now, so good hunting to all.  Husband managed to get to QB before heading off to work, lucky dog.

Still have to find some good contenders on LB and finish the sudokus.

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer and a slightly unpure QB!

Langue_doc

Two-fer finally. Alpha, but that's it for SB.

Congrats all.

Didn't realize that there was an unpure queen!

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on yesterday's geniuses, Alphas, and QBs, both pure and otherwise!  I missed itty, ditty, and tali.  I'm at Beta on today's SB.  I keep seeing words that do not involve the letter D.

I got the "official" solution to LB yesterday, and have a 2-fer for today's. 

I wish I'd seen ciao_yall's SMARTYPANTS the other day! And combined with GLAMOROUS?  What could be better than a glamorous smartypants?

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday I got NICHE-EXPLICATOR. What is an "impure" QB?

Langue_doc

Morning!

LB: chronicle and expatriate--can't imagine how I missed expat.

Genius today on SB. Af for yesterday's I saw that I had missed lilt, despite having typed this word on the kindle. So I went back to the kindle, which still had yesterday's SB (minus lilt), entered lilt, and made it to QB this morning. Perhaps this was the unpure queen?

ab_grp

Good morning!

Ha I just meant that I had some scaffolding to get to QB, in that I knew I was missing an L (lilt, me too!) and a D (daylit! argh!).  But I figured out what they were eventually.  So I got to QB, but not completely independently.  Maybe I should call it a polyamorous QB.  Langue_doc, sound like yours was purer than mine!

Lots of LB solutions yesterday! I finally came up with XENOPHILE-ENACTOR (I think that was the second word... I did on my phone, which doesn't save results, and my dumb computer restarted before I could try it out).  I had tried a ton of other contenders before xenophile came to mind, and then I really wanted xenophilia to get actor.  They wouldn't take it.  I tried expatriate but would not have figured out chronicle, I guess! B4ss could have had chlorine or choline or something.

I'm at Alpha today (128) but still 6 or 7 pts left, so we'll see.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Well, I don't think I have ever achieved QBABM, so my QB's are always... polyamorous? swinging?

Already at genius. LB lots of 3fers and a 2fer b4ss so getting warm.

Langue_doc

Found a nice two-fer, but there's a dangling letter all by itself, so back to the drawing board.

ciao_yall

Two-fer, woohoo.

Still barely into genius. Gamma genius?

ab_grp

Managed to figure out my remaining bee word, so a clean QB.  I happened upon it and was startled, didn't know what it was, but it is in the database, so I guess we've come across it at least once.

A couple contenders on the LB, no matches yet.  At least I got the sudokus completed reasonably well.  I forgot to mention yesterday that I chatted with the NYT to see if they have any sudoku archive or solutions available, but apparently not.  The puzzles are removed from their servers after 24 hours.  I didn't ask about the bee or LB because the chat was taking too long, but it might be the same for those puzzles, too.

On preview: hooray, ciao_yall!!

ETA: I totally missed cathwen's earlier 2fer.  Congratulations!! And it sounds like Langue_doc is close as well!

ciao_yall

Turns out I'm almost at Alpha, so maybe I'll join the orgy on the NYT comments board.