News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH, last words were calculi, cultic. Had lots of 3fers and a 2fer b4ss cantaloupe-enmity before a hint from a friend yielded copayment-tuile.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

240 points and 52 words; that's probably it for today. Last word yesterday was tactual, which I found through a serendipitous putting together of letters.

cupola/amenity

I'll be away for a few days, so I'm not sure how much puzzling or fora-ing I'll be doing.

Happy Easter to all those who observe the holiday.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

We didn't get much done on the bee yet today.  I think I still need one of the pangrams.  Yesterday I needed help with actually, cultic.  Can't believe I didn't get the first one, and I did not know the second was a word.

No luck on LB.  Maybe today I will have more time.

Hope you have a nice couple days away and a happy Easter if you celebrate, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with 2LL hints forcultic and lull.

Today I just made QB, but with a 2LL hint for the last word.

LB:  I had copayment-tuile yesterday.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy travels, Langue_doc!  And happy puzzling to all!

ciao_yall

Today, QBwH for a few words I never would have guessed on my own. And a quick 2fer.

Crossword puzzles done. Taking it easy today nursing a knee injury which is healing slowly but steadily.

Parasaurolophus

Found two pangrams but fell short. Blah.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB, needed hints for faunae, flatfeet. And bond-disqualify. Barely started this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I managed to get to genius with the pangram today but not much further as of yet.  Yesterday I still had a bunch of words left when we compared.  Just ran out of time.  I think our last word was faunae.  And no luck on LB either!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Trying to sneak in some puzzling before Middle Daughter and family descend on us in another hour or so.

QB yesterday, last word faunae.  Today I am at Beta and probably won't get much farther. 

LB:  I also had bond-disqualify.  I found a 2fer today as well. 

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I'm a few points short of GWP, but since it rejected a perfectly good pangram I feel justified in claiming GW2P and giving up.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwATHICG, ended up reading the dictionary for heliacal, helical. Two 2fers bracelet-throwin which I guess is a compound word, and brownie-ethical.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have one more word left today and hope to find it.  Had a bunch left last night when we compared because I ran out of time again.  I think heliacal was one of the final ones.  And I managed to miss chai, chia since it's been a while.   No luck on LB either.  I am not sure I even looked at it.

Is anyone else having trouble with their NYT games app (I am on iOS)? It's been at least a couple of weeks that it basically crashes most times I switch to another app and come back.  It is driving me nuts.

Cathwen, I hope you enjoy your daughter's visit!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I missed chai, helical, and heliacal yesterday.  Today I have six words to go and have found both pangrams.

LG:  I had celebration-nohow.  After a bit of a struggle, I found a 2fer today.

Daughter's visit has been fun.  We went walking on a nature trail bordering a salt marsh and saw ospreys, greater yellowlegs, and a loon.  Then home to dye (one day late, but who cares) Easter eggs.  Grandson mixed the colors, only one of which was of questionable appeal.  Reminded me when my daughters were kids and used to try to make hideous colors!  "Toast" was perhaps their worst. 

Anyway...happy puzzling! 

ciao_yall

QBw2LL to jog reminders for clomp, octopi. LB apologizing-gurney.

Happy solving!