News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on April 24, 2022, 11:00:46 AM
Got a 2fer! One of the words is a little weird, so I'm not sure it's the schmofficial one.

Same here. Hey, it worked. It counts.

Parasaurolophus

GWP. Haven't tried LB in a while. Maybe tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

I don't know what they're putting in the water these days, but I just got QBABM for the second day in a row.  Yesterday my last word was—of all things—feed.

LB:  I am eager to see the "weird" combinations that ab_grp and ciao_yall came up with.  I got the (boring) "official" solution, bumps-solitary.  I have a 2fer today, too.

Happy puzzling! 

ciao_yall

QB - guessed at pelf, felid. LB was playboat-truism.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB again! Last word yesterday was feed; cathwen, wise minds think alike.

pluralism/mobility

ab_grp, you're probably thinking of the great blue herons (https://ebird.org/species/grbher3) which are much larger and therefore more visible.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Wow, congrats on the QBs already, cathwen and Langue_doc! I have one more word to go today.  Yesterday I needed help with felid, fillip, pelf.  Ugh.

I got the same weird 2fer as ciao_yall! I did not know playboat was a word but tried it anyway.  Bunch of different solutions for that one.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen! I hope to stay on a roll with it, but we'll see.

Langue_doc, you are probably right about the blue heron! Quite a variety within the heron family, apparently.

Speaking of varieties, our roses are blooming and blooming, and that makes it just about my favorite time of year.  Maybe this year I will actually figure out what varieties they all are.  I downloaded a couple flower apps to do that last year, but I guess I got distracted, or it ended up being more difficult than I thought it would be.  A friend just got master gardener certification so may at least be able to provide some guidance.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quick GW2P this morning.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Finally got to QB.  Of course, I thought I already had my missing word, so that was a dumb day.  I have a couple LB contenders.  Nothing special yet.

ETA: Got a 2fer!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Limped to genius; found the pangram much earlier.

Don't remember yesterday's last word; the kindle on which I do the puzzling crashed/went dead yesterday morning, so I'm feeling lost, puzzle-wise.

ab_grp, the roses sound and smell lovely.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word same as yesterday: pinup. 2fer midtowner-rumple.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius and pangram and a bit further but still a ways to go.  Yesterday pinup was the word I thought I had.  Glad I tried it eventually!

For LB, I had the same non-schmofficial solution as ciao_yall again!

Langue_doc, I'm sorry to hear about your kindle.  Will you have to get a new one? The puzzles don't seem to work so well on my kindles, so I hope you find a replacement or work around that makes you happy.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Last word yesterday was also pinup.

Today I have five words to go, but will probably need letter hints.  I am stuck!

LB:  I had unpowered-delimit, so several solutions!  I have a 2fer today, but it's not very economical. 

Ab_grp, I envy you your roses!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Mine is pretty lopsided as well.

And I am at 6 words left on the bee, not to alpha.

Cathwen, I wish I could share the roses here! They are so beautiful.  I just want to take pictures of them every day as they change.  And they seem to grow happily year after year without much intervention from us.  Definitely one of my favorite things about living in this house.  I wish I could take them with me if we move.

ciao_yall

QB, needed a hint for paella. Two 2fers yesterday - breakout-thoughtful, flab-breakthrough.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

A flurry of pangrams, and now I'm at 220 points.

Last word yesterday was peel. Aargh! Took me forever to find this as I was quite sure I'd entered it much earlier.

breakout/thoughtful

ab_grp, long story re kindle; promptly ordered a new one which arrived yesterday, and then the old one suddenly came alive--will look at the return policy as soon as I have the stomach for it.

Happy solving!