News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Blah, just a half-bee yesterday. I'll do better today!
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning/almost afternoon!

Paella was also my last word yesterday, after 2LL help for algal, gelée, and melée, all words that I should have gotten on my own.

Today I am at Alpha with all four (!!) pangrams.  Three words to go...

LB:  I also had breakout-thoughtful.  Ciao_yall, flab-breakthrough is a much more economical solution!  I found a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling, everyone! 

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with all but one pangram, I think.  Yesterday I needed help with palp, expellee, paella.  I thought maybe megamall might be in there, but no.  And still no pegleg.

I also had flab-breakthrough.  Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

Langue_doc, doesn't that always seem to happen? I don't know if I'd trust the suddenly resurrected device.  It's like when one of your applications is taking too long or not responding, and you go to task manager and are ready to end it, and then... voila! It suddenly works just fine.  It's a trap! But at least you have something to work with for now, which is great.

I think my NYT games app crashes only occur when I am playing the bee, not just on the main screen or in a crossword.  I really wish I could fix it, because going between there and Shunn or the nytbee site and having it crash on return every time is super annoying.  Maybe I will just try to delete and reinstall it later today.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Somewhere in Beta or Alpha with three pangrams.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

I think I need only 3 or 4 more four-letter words.

Last words yesterday were font and foot.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB, needed hints/reminders for confetti, fifteen, footnote. LB freight-tampon.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB yesterday, but I needed hints for feint and footnote

Today......QBABM!

LB:  I had freighter-rampion.  The second word was tried in desperation, but it turns out that it's a category of plant (bellflower family).  I also have a 2fer today.

Yes, I was up very early and avoiding doing any real work.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have two more words left today.  Congrats, cathwen! I hope to get to QBABM too! Sounds like Langue_doc is almost there or probably is by now.  I can't believe coefficient was my final pangram yesterday.  I think nonfinite was my final word.  I hope Parasaurolophus found the fourth pangram.  And I am curious about what order people got them in.  I think my first three were confection, infection, confetti.

No luck on LB despite some good contenders.  Congrats, ciao_yall and cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Made it to QB.

I found the co- and non- prefix words early on because I tend to look for them.

As for the pangrams, I usually get them when I'm half asleep, even before getting up and getting caffeined up, so I never know what I'm getting. I probably found confetti first, but didn't realize that it was a pangram until much later.

Now for wordle and LB, on the other hand, I have to be wide awake before even looking at the puzzles.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc! I still have a 4-letter word left.  And I feel as though I have gotten worse at prefixes and compound words.  It is interesting which puzzles we can deal with in which mental states.

Parasaurolophus

Afraid I've fallen just a few short of GW2P today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and almost genius; have to leave for an appointment, and then grading, so probably no more puzzling today.

waul, auto, and tall were the last words; found the first by putting together letters, don't know if it's related to caterwaul.

voluble/extricate

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, was missing one 4L. When I saw it was a W I tried waul thinking it was related to caterwaul. Boom. LB voluble-extricate.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I also had voluble-extricate. No 2fer yet today.

QBABM yesterday, with kola as last word.  Ciao_yall, I got waul by accident!  I can't remember what I was trying to type, but it wasn't waul.  I was stunned when it was accepted.

Today I am 3 words away from QB and really stuck.  I may go to hints; this is a very busy day, and I don't have a lot of time to sit around mulling over possible words.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Haven't gotten to much this morning between meetings and doctor appointment.  I got the pangram but haven't gotten to genius yet.  Yesterday waul was our final word.  Yuck.

I also got voluble-extricate!

Happy solving!