News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Made it to genius, but only 4 pangrams so far.  I don't remember what got me to QBABM yesterday, unfortunately! Just glad I got there.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

And congrats on your 2fer! I tried and tried and kept getting to one letter left, or ships, but no solution. 

Enjoy your dinner party!

Congrats to you as well, Parasaurolophus!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I should have made QBABM yesterday, but could not figure out the very last word—which turned out to be one I've gotten zillions of times, alfalfa.  I did get biff by just fooling around with letters.  Today I have four of the five pangrams and have five words to go.

LB:  I had the "official" exercising-goblet.  I have a 2fer today also.

Ciao-yall, you are the dinner party queen!  Have a great time tonight.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Four pangrams so far. Last word yesterday was file.

obsolete/exercising

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen and Langue_doc (and on your QB as well)! I could sure use just a wee bit of your brainpower.

ETA got a 2fer and the final pangram! Still several words to go, though.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius plus, but the pangram took a bit.  Yesterday I finally got the last pangram (contempt), but we failed to get team QB.  I was missing concept, penmen, and we were missing tempt, of all things.

For LB, I got the schmofficial behemoth-hairstyle.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was compete.

hairstyle/embryo

I also have a twofer today.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

My last word yesterday was the fifth pangram, noncompete.. Today I am at genius with the pangram (which took me a good while to find), and have dim hopes of finishing without help.

LB:  I had behemoth-hairstyle.  I have one today also. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed a hint for penmen which I thought I had already tried but oh well. LB shambles-sorority.

Dinner was nice. Lots of wine plus mango salad, shrimp curry and mango cheesecake. Good to see old friends again.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Where is everybody?

GwP, then our neighbor came over and I never did get around to QB. LB extract-technicolour, technicolour-rax which it turns it is a word.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but with only 2/3 pangrams.  Yesterday we failed again to get team QB, missing hiya.  I was also missing cantina, titan.

I managed to get an LB solution right before bed again: luxuriant-touche.  Congrats on two, ciao_yall!

And I'm glad your dinner party went well! Sounds like a great menu! Maybe everyone is recovering from the Superbowl.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwHelp yesterday to find chianti, cantina, hiya, and chichi (last word).  Today I have two of the three pangrams and am at genius.  With 345 points, QB seems like only a dim possibility.  But we'll see. 

LB: I had luxuriant-touché.  Congratulations on your two 2fers, ciao_yall!  And now we all know a new word: rax.  No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found the pangrams quite early on, but then it took me quite some time to get to genius. I think that's probably it for today.

Missed chitin and a couple of words that I should have found without any difficulty.

luxuriant/techno

Found a twofer just now.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word draconic. LB after 3fers coming out of my ears including chimneys-scrum-mack, and a 2fer b4ss muckrakers-shiny I finally got a hint for keychains-serum. Darn compounds.

Physical therapy, mani-pedi, yoga and a board meeting call-in. PT and the Board meeting are mandatory, let's see if the others get squeezed in.

Happy Val's day!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not to genius yet, and no pangrams! Husband got to QBABH already! Yeek.  Yesterday was a team QB bust again, as we both forgot corrida.  I was also missing dino, dorado, draconic.  Never would have gotten that last pangram, I don't think.

At least I did get a 2fer right before bed again after trying and trying! munchkins-smeary  Congrats on yours, ciao_yall! Hope you get your mani-pedi in.

Happy Valentine's Day and happy solving!