News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius, but I'm over here without a pangram as well.  Same for husband.  Hopefully as the day unfolds a pangram come into focus.   Yesterday we failed to get team QB again, missing aril, which I usually get these days.  I was also missing raita, tiara, travail, others that I usually get! Oh well.

For LB I also had womb-beneficiary.  Congrats on another today, cathwen! I have some good contenders so hope to join you.

Bird of the morning after a long dry spell of mostly doves of various flavors... pyrrhuloxia! Unseen but heard very clearly, probably less than 10-15 feet away.  It landed on a low branch right in the tree in front of us, but there's so much greenery that we can't see anything in there, and if we try to get up we end up scaring the birds away.  Husband did get some good pics of a cactus wren perched on top of a tree yesterday while we were walking around the driveway.  Yes, we stopped walking so he could run in and get the good camera.  I guess that counts as cardiac rehab, if your heart rate gets up due to excitement.  Verdin was also around, unseen, and unheard by me this morning, as was "rare" red crossbill.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QB needed a hint for ritual. Gah. And I also tried alluvial. Just 3fers yesterday including airforce-eyebrow-women but finally got a hint for womb-beneficiary.

GwP today. It's a tricky one. And a 3fer so far so home to tie it down.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

It's a tricky pangram today--I stumbled on it only because the letters were arranged in a certain way after one of the reshufflings. Think foreign.

Went birding, and following my advice to y'all will post on the bird thread this afternoon. Nothing spectacular or out of the way today.

Langue_doc

cathwen

Good morning!

Past genius, but without the pangram (again).  Yesterday I needed hints for leitmotif, also motile.

LB:  I had molecule-enwraps.  Today I found a 2fer on my first try!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and past genius to QB-2.  I'm hopeful! Yesterday I got to QBABM! I was down to two words, one of which was still the pangram.  We were about to start comparing, when I saw my 5-letter.  Motif! I felt better that at least I got all the non-pangrams.  But then of course I realized what the pangram was! Whee!!!!

For LB I got warmups-somnolence.  Congrats on yours, cathwen, and another today!

Happy solving!

ETA: Got a quick 2fer as well!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwSBB, last word motile. I like having an intermediate step before going for hints. Today's pan - not there yet.  So GwoP. Or GxP?

LB - ended up going for hints. Lots of 3fers including warmups-sole-econ, crumples-swan-nor and other close ones. Got hints for columnar-respawn, opulences-swarm.  Tricky!

But a 2fer this morning so all is right with the world.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Past genius, but no pangram yet. Last word yesterday was mote.

columnar/rewraps

ab_grp, that's quite a list of exotic birds in your yard!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. I'm at my word limit for today, I think. Last word yesterday was one of those four-letter words that I should have seen quite early.

befriends/shaving

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for lowland. LB befriends-shaving.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

The pangram yesterday finally occurred to me—why I didn't see it earlier is a mystery.  But my last word was deadwood.  Today the pangram was my first word, and I'm now at QB-1. 

LB:  I had the "official" feverish-handbag.  No 2fer today yet!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and a bit past genius.  Good luck with your final word, cathwen! Yesterday I was so close but couldn't figure out deadwood.  We did have team QB, though.

For LB I also got befriends-shaving.  I have a couple contenders but nothing yet.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to genius so far.  Yesterday I failed again by one word, accrual.  We did have team QB.

For LB, I had the schmofficial solution, jumbles-sinkhole.  The latter took me forever.

Husband got yanked onto a call abruptly, so no outdoor puzzling and birding today.  (yet?)

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. It's a draggy one today. Missed arco. Arco?!

jumbles/sinkhole, and then a more efficient jumbos/sinkhole

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! Needed a hint for corral of all things. LB jumbles-sinkhole.

Happy solving!