News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, April 01, 2024, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 12, 2024, 09:50:12 AMLooks like I won't have much time today, so just going over T1. Unless I have a chance to start writing my report.

Well, managed a bit.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2024, 08:54:54 PMApril goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - it would be great to get this off by the end of the month, but that will be up to my colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - this one is sort of in limbo
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court, but I'll be pestering him this month if I still haven't heard from him
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

Stretch goals:
  • Apply for a small grant (or two)
  • Brainstorm and start outlining a new empirical article

I now have the book contract in hand for book project #2. I need to look it over and send it back (maybe tomorrow). In the meantime, I've been making little bits of progress on this project in my spare time - which is scarce at the moment due to teaching and some major service obligations that ate up most of my time in March and April.

I also sent out a small grant application this week, so we'll see if anything comes of that.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 13, 2024, 08:48:07 AMBit of grading, bit of T1.

The world conspired against me, and nothing was done. I am pretty annoyed about it.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Well. Working on T1, I guess. And a bit of grading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hoping to make real progress on the grading, followed by streamlining. Maybe even starting to write my report...
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I finally started writing the chapter that is due May 31. I nudged my coauthor that I got started and an outline was in the draft so they can get started too. It is a little easier to write this (since we are both experts in the chapter topic) compared to the book manuscript (a topic I enjoy but feel imposter-y about). Onward...

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 15, 2024, 10:33:58 AMHoping to make real progress on the grading, followed by streamlining. Maybe even starting to write my report...

Acceptable progress on all three fronts.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I worked on my book manuscript this morning. I might return to it later since I got into a groove, but it is time to meet a student for lunch.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I returned to the book manuscript after lunch and made more progress. I do not do a good job of tracking the words I added, especially because I bounced between three different chapters as I made connections to what I had already written. Alas, I think I wrote a "decent amount" and feel accomplished for the day!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2024, 08:54:54 PMApril goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - it would be great to get this off by the end of the month, but that will be up to my colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - this one is sort of in limbo
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court, but I'll be pestering him this month if I still haven't heard from him
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

Stretch goals:
  • Apply for a small grant (or two)
  • Brainstorm and start outlining a new empirical article

I worked a bit on book project #2 today and yesterday. I'm ready to dedicate myself to it now that we have a contract in place and so I've been getting into a zone on the chapter that I'm currently chipping away at.

I also pestered my coauthor on paper #3. No word yet from him, but I'm sure he got the message.

Parasaurolophus

A bit of grading and a bit of T1 today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.