News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vkw10

It's 42 degrees, just past sundown. Dense fog all day. Possible rain tonight and cooler tomorrow.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

hmaria1609

Raw and rainy this morning. Cold for the rest of the week.

apl68

Saturday I was in Little Rock.  It was rainy, with stormy intervals, and about 48 degrees.  Then I drove home--less than three hours away.  Home had received hardly any rain, and was about 20 degrees hotter.  The only time I've seen temperature differences anywhere like that was on a visit to the Rockies, when I changed elevation by several thousand feet.  It's as if our part of the state was suddenly no longer part of the same weather region.

Currently drizzly and feeling almost like December.  Tomorrow we're looking at a sudden spike to nearly 70 degrees.  It probably will break 70, since high temperature forecasts here are usually conservative.  The sudden spike will be accompanied by possible severe weather.  Then it's supposed to clear up and drop back down.  At the moment the extended forecast calls for seasonable temperatures on into next week.  Wonder what the odds are that we won't spike back into the 60s or 70s on Christmas?  Based on the experience of recent years, it would be pretty remarkable if we got through two whole weeks of December without that happening.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

The Cold Emergency Alert for DC was activated as of 7 pm tonight, the 1st of the winter season.

There's a cold blast headed to the DC region later this week:
https://wtop.com/weather/2022/12/western-storm-promises-to-bring-icy-mess-to-d-c-suburbs-2/
Posted on WTOP online 12/12/22

Hope forum members in the western US are safe and warm from the heavy snow!

ab_grp

We had a very windy day yesterday and more today, and apparently there was snow overnight (heavy at one point, according to my notifications), but I missed it.

ciao_yall

Bright, sunny and crisp, and here I am stuck inside with a cold.

apl68

Storms last night.  The city weather alarm siren went off at one point when there were radar reports of tornadoes in the area.  I don't think we had any damage locally.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

Snow and icy conditions tomorrow morning here in the DC region:
https://wtop.com/local/2022/12/ice-storm-headed-to-dc-area-freezing-rain-to-make-travel-dangerous/
Posted on WTOP Radio 12/14/22

I aired my tires at the local gas station on my way home last night.

filologos

Just spent half an hour shoveling snow in around -10 F. And that's warm compared to what we'll get tomorrow!

Wahoo Redux

Getting ready for the big blow.  We will outside the main blast zone, but not looking forward to it.  I hate even a little bit of snow. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Juvenal

Lots of rain and wind to come tonight, but "no snow" for our coastal banana belt, and then a plunge into the Arctic, but "snowless."  The snow shovel can continue to rust in the garage until at least after the New Year.
Cranky septuagenarian

apl68

We've had teases about snow, but are now looking only at rain.  With the lowest overnight temperatures for the region in my memory forecast tonight.  It will make this Christmas a stark contrast to the 70-degree Christmases we've been having in recent years.

sinenomine

Getting ready for snow, ice, and then lots of rain and wind, followed by more ice. Fingers crossed that power stays on. Just gassed up the car, and the gas station was extremely busy; I'm glad I don't need to do a grocery run!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

onthefringe

Quote from: sinenomine on December 22, 2022, 07:28:15 AM
Getting ready for snow, ice, and then lots of rain and wind, followed by more ice. Fingers crossed that power stays on. Just gassed up the car, and the gas station was extremely busy; I'm glad I don't need to do a grocery run!

We anticipate rain, then a hard freeze, then snow and wind with very cold temps. I did do a grocery run today, but was able to snag one of the magical electronic carts so I didn't have to stand in line to check out. The lines were about 15 people long, with most people not even having a basket, just holding bread, milk, and wine in their arms.

hmaria1609

Started out with flurries then over to a icy slush mixture this morning. I had covered my front windshield on my car last night.
Cold temps ahead for Christmas weekend:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/12/dc-prepares-for-major-temperature-change-along-arctic-front/
Posted on WTOP 12/22/22