News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Temperatures went down yesterday, so the heat was turned on. Today was a tad bit warmer, but I still needed a jacket while out and about.

paultuttle

Watch this space as Hurricane Ian slams into the Southeast. Per the most recent computer models, NC's going to get something--either massive amounts of rain in the mountains, a hurricane going right through where my husband and I live, a hurricane going right through where my parents live, or a hurricane hooking toward the east and slamming through NC's Crystal Coast, Wilmington, or the Outer Banks.

In other words, the only way this might turn out well for us in NC is if our neighbors to the west (in TN) get hit instead of us. Which I wouldn't want to see either.

mamselle

Thinking of you and yours, PT.

It's just cooler here at the moment, but due to warm up; they're saying 70s later today, but I dunno, it's gonna be a cool 70, if so.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

I'm keeping good thoughts for folks in Ian's path!

Here it is cooler as well.  It's gray today and 75, and temperatures should supposedly stay under 90 this week.  Definitely feels chilly, like the change of seasons actually meant something.

hmaria1609

Cool in the mornings now. I brought my 1st hot chocolate of the fall season on my way to the library over the weekend.

paultuttle

Cool and breezy. The heat's been on all day for the first time this year.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

mamselle

We're in the maybe/maybe-not range for that...

On va voir...

M.

paultuttle

Chilly but sunny (finally, after quite a bit of rain and some gusty winds--although, thankfully, not nearly as much rain or as strong winds as had been forecast for central NC).

Feeling very fortunate here after seeing pictures and videos of SE FL destruction. Feeling very sad as well for people who lost everything--as well as those who lost their lives.

mamselle

QuoteFeeling very fortunate here after seeing pictures and videos of SE FL destruction. Feeling very sad as well for people who lost everything--as well as those who lost their lives.

+1

Here, le temps fait gris...

M.

hmaria1609

Parts of the DC area had a cool day on record:
https://wtop.com/local/2022/10/dc-area-chills-out-on-what-will-likely-be-the-coldest-oct-4-on-record/
We also had more rain today. It's supposed to be clear tomorrow.

dismalist

Quote from: hmaria1609 on October 04, 2022, 07:11:47 PM
Parts of the DC area had a cool day on record:
https://wtop.com/local/2022/10/dc-area-chills-out-on-what-will-likely-be-the-coldest-oct-4-on-record/
We also had more rain today. It's supposed to be clear tomorrow.

Didn't realize it was a record breaker. I love the temperature, even the rain. Mostly I'm glad Fall has arrived. Can hardly wait for the end of Daylight Saving Time.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

Langue_doc

Earlier this afternoon, I was relieved to see that it had stopped raining, but nooo, it's coming down again. It's been raining every day since Friday night.