News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

It's been cold this weekend but it'll be a little warmer this week. Plenty of folks (including us) have put grass and yard clippings for pick up tomorrow.

When will the DC area see its first snow is explored:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/10/when-will-d-c-s-first-inch-of-snow-accumulate/
Posted on WTOP Radio 10/30/22

dismalist

Cold? It has been wonderfully pleasant in the DC area! And it is forecast to stay so into the week.

I do like snow ... too. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

ab_grp

It's a little chilly but not too bad.  It's also nice and sunny.  Seeing so many friends post pics of the beautiful changing tree colors makes me miss autumn on the east coast.  It feels like fall here, but it doesn't look like it.

hmaria1609

The 1st week of November and it doesn't feel like it with the warm temps!

Also, it's peak foliage in the greater DC region:
https://wtop.com/dc/2022/11/best-display-of-autumn-colors-now-in-d-c/
Posted on WTOP 10/31/22

Juvenal

As perfect a fall day as one can want: clear, deep clue sky, pleasant temperature, not windy.  Perhaps a little less leaf color than I'd want.  This in the NY Metro Area.  Although I did find in my mailbox the bill from my heating company, and I've yet to ruin the day by looking at the gouge.
Cranky septuagenarian

ergative

Windy and rainy and horrible. I didn't bike today. We're forecast to have some sun and cooler temperatures tomorrow, though (highs in the low 50s). I'd be very happy for sun. It's been cloudy and rainy for weeks. Maybe today's wind is a new weather pattern blowing.

Vkw10

Currently 65 F, with wind rustling the leaves. Expected to be in the low 50s tonight, with a slight possibility of rain, which we desperately need.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

apl68

I've seen perhaps three days so far that felt more or less like fall.  We have temperatures in the 80s forecast for the next two days.  The relentless heat wears you down.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Is there nothing so rare as a June day in November?

In the 70s here.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Temps dropped here too. I got pumpkin spice flavored hot coffee at a local gas station this morning.

AmLitHist

It was 82 here Wednesday, and upper 70s yesterday.  It's been 43 most of today, with tomorrow's high forecast not to get out of the 30s.  Fall is finally here.

mamselle

We're getting Nicole's leavings.

Temps back up, higher winds, and rain for a bit.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Same here with rain from Nicole earlier today.
There's a flood risk in the region through the evening:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/11/remnants-of-nicole-to-bring-rain-blustery-conditions-across-dc-area/

AmLitHist

Wednesday's 82 was a record high.  It was in the 40s yesterday.  We were supposed to get a few flurries overnight.

When I got up at 6 this morning, we had 2 1/2-3 inches of fresh snow. 

It could be worse:  the Air Force Base about 40 miles southwest of us got over 6 inches of flurries.

(Apparently nary a grain of salt was put down:  there are major wrecks and interstate shut-downs in StL this morning.)

apl68

Earlier this week the highs were pushing 80.  Now, suddenly, we've had rain, overcast, and highs in the 50s--and they're forecast for the next week!  We may get frost in the coming days too.  So we've in essence gone straight from summer to what around here is fairly normal winter weather.  I'm glad the summer weather is finally gone for now, though I strongly suspect, based on what we've seen in recent Decembers, that it will be back again in the next couple of weeks.  It would still have been nice to have had some mild fall weather....
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.