News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Writing During the Coronavirus

Started by risenanew, March 28, 2020, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCu16

Struggling with this as well (and also just spending the time doing analysis). I'm a 500-word a day writer, so this feels weird for me. I was having a really productive start to the year (4 pubs have come out, 3 others in review), but wheels kind of fell off during our spring break as suddenly I went from having a schedule full of travel to having none (which usually motivates me to get stuff done), and starting to worry about the implications of this virus and as others have described endlessly checking social media. Now that I'm starting to get into a routine with the teaching again (though hate online) and got bored of the COVID-19 news scene, finally starting to write and get back to the numerous papers I'm meant to be working on, given I was planning on going for early tenure in the fall. I've forced myself not to check social media, and stay on track and it is helping, but I don't think having some accountability would hurt. No doubt I'll get buried by grading soon, but c'est la vie.  I'm going to going to take the challenge, as I'd like to get out at least a few of these papers in April.