News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Write my submission to a scam journal for me!

Started by traductio, May 20, 2020, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

This is quite likely the best thing I have ever read. I'm dying to know what happened though. Was this submitted? The trail went cold on June 12th in the poll thread.

traductio

The problem was I got busy (since it was my idea originally, I was going to submit it) -- planning for online teaching, not to mention trying to figure out how my kids will attend school, got the better of me, alas.

But you're right -- it's a piece of art. (I'll go further -- it's my proudest personal accomplishment, even if all I did was write the abstract, in the history of this forum or the last.) I seem to get the same come-on from that publisher once a month, so next time round, I'll pull everything together and see what it takes to send it in.

mamselle

Quote from: traductio on August 10, 2020, 06:42:02 AM
The problem was I got busy (since it was my idea originally, I was going to submit it) -- planning for online teaching, not to mention trying to figure out how my kids will attend school, got the better of me, alas.

But you're right -- it's a piece of art. (I'll go further -- it's my proudest personal accomplishment, even if all I did was write the abstract, in the history of this forum or the last.) I seem to get the same come-on from that publisher once a month, so next time round, I'll pull everything together and see what it takes to send it in.

Cool.

Let us know when you do, and what happens!

Ice cream is a timely summer topic now.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

science.expat

Quote from: mamselle on August 10, 2020, 08:03:37 AM
Quote from: traductio on August 10, 2020, 06:42:02 AM

Cool.

Let us know when you do, and what happens!

Ice cream is a timely summer topic now.

M.

Fabulous! Fingers crossed.