News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Are Arcjournals legit?

Started by bacardiandlime, September 14, 2020, 10:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacardiandlime

I looked up a journal that's in my field, and it's published by arcjournals.org, which seems to be in India. The journal editorial board contains scholars from a range of countries (but I've heard of dodgy journals listing people without their knowledge!).

Has anyone else published with journals from this press?

Wahoo Redux

Sounds dodgy.  Anytime you have a publisher which publishes in every discipline under the sun and has editors from around the world, particularly if they are hard to identify with a Google search, it's bogus.

And if they say things like this...

Our every international Journal on each discipline is governed by outstandingly expertise and dexterous Editorial Board members.

...it's dodgy.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

I get so many scammy invitations from India that my default assumption is now that anything from there is probably scammy.

'course, a lot of (legitimate) journal copy editing and layout has been outsourced to India, which complicates my heuristic.
I know it's a genus.

bacardiandlime

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 14, 2020, 12:22:42 PM
I get so many scammy invitations from India that my default assumption is now that anything from there is probably scammy.

That has been my assumption too but then I don't want to be prejudiced.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: bacardiandlime on September 14, 2020, 12:41:45 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 14, 2020, 12:22:42 PM

That has been my assumption too but then I don't want to be prejudiced.

Yeah, I feel the same way, but there's just so much of it...
I know it's a genus.