News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Anyone Want to Try a Virtual K'zoo Meetup?

Started by mamselle, March 20, 2021, 02:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

So, this mi-i-i-i-ight work...I'm interested in what people think...

I'm thinking this thread could serve as an anchor/invitation thread for PM conversations (to preserve pseudonymity) for anyone who'd like to sign up for an online Zoom virtual meeting sometime during the day of the Kalamazoo International Medievalists' Conference.

I've hosted a couple of online Zoom meetups with pseudonymous forumites who already know each other, so we've used first-names, etc., but I think it could also be done by moniker, as we did at the Paris meetup a few (golly, 10? 11?)* years ago.

Anyone interested? Time suggestions? I'll probably be open to any time that week (I'm giving all my music students the week off); we've found that afternoons/EDT work best for the US bi-coastal/Atlantic Rim-continental time shifts

If anyone wants to suggest a day and time here, and then we can chatter about it backstage via PM, I'm glad to update and keep the conversation moving forward (backwards-moving conversations, like snowballs in an avalanche, tend to be dangerous, I find...)

:--}

Say what you think...(as if anyone here needs to be invited to do that...)

M.

______
*I'm pretty sure it was around 2009 because I was booked to give a paper that was cancelled that spring, because of riots that year, and it had to be rescheduled. I had to split away from the meeting, then return, in order to meet up with the person hosting and re-booking our presentations....!)
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.