News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research

Started by Parasaurolophus, August 02, 2021, 10:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

This will be a tough month on my end, with various things impacting my ability to do stuff. So the goals are somewhat reduced:

• Finish August R&R
  • Finish August Chapter
  • Make last tweaks to Sample Chapters for Publisher
  • Make a real start on Collaboration 3, which is due in a few months

Stretch:

• Write one new Book Section

Today, however, it's all editorial work.
I know it's a genus.

ergative

Yeah, this month I'm going to need to start doing some substantial course prep. But here are my primary goals:

-Finish revisions of publeme 1 and submit
-Do that final review
-Make progress on the CS AI project
-Revise publeme 2 and submit (may go into September)

This is a stretch. But doable, I think. The first two will almost definitely happen. The third will probably happen too, if my collaborators continue to be as excellent as they were during the first stage of the project. The last may not happen this summer. Oh, well.

mamselle

Main aims:

1. Get the paper down a couple more pages, fit in the rest of the manuscript comparisons somehow, and reduce the notes another page.

2. A few more slides, do all the fact-checking for dates, etc., and finalize the flow, maybe get rid of a few more slides in the process.

3. A few more N/P things to do, then bow out for real once the transfer actually goes through.

Today:
For no. 1, I did a quick pass on the notes, glanced at the MS comparisons, and sighed.

For no. 2, I did more slides, and found more documents for the book chapter they will feed to.

For no. 3., I thought about next steps, but didn't do anything.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 02, 2021, 10:47:41 AM

Today, however, it's all editorial work.

Well, I did a bunch. It's not done, but it's almost done.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Happy August!

Hopefully Realistic Goals

• Finish R&R due 8/20
  • Finish manuscript due 9/1
  • Major practitioner newsletter asked us to make our article that just came out into a 2,000 word lay language article before the end of August = huge audience opportunity for our research implications!
  • Get my new research assistant (masters student) and doctoral student volunteer set up to start the big journal scanning project
  • Draft sabbatical application for department chair to preview before deadline

Parasaurolophus

Editorial stuff plus August chapter today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

1. Paper down another full page. MS comparisons to go.

2. Two more good slides done. A few more to do, then edits.

3. Wimped out. Later. Tomorrow. Whatever...

A 5.30 student and 7.30 folk dance online to go.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

1. More editing work and fact-checking on article. No longer, but a few more items clearer, and a bit more info added. More to do.

2. Starting work on PPt now.

3. No more N/P stuff for today; maybe tomorrow.

M.

darkstarrynight

I spent the last three days grading, but once I submitted final summer grades today, I got back into the groove. I am reading additional articles for the manuscript due 9/1 with my subfield colleague right now.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More of the same today, with more emphasis on the August Chapter, which needs much more doing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 05, 2021, 12:12:32 PM
More of the same today, with more emphasis on the August Chapter, which needs much more doing.

Done for the day. Managed about 700 not-so-greatwords, which is a good start.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More work on 1 and 2, nothing on 3, but a good student's lesson and more prep for tomorrow to do upcoming.

M.