News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research

Started by Parasaurolophus, August 02, 2021, 10:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Gonna try to finish the editorial stuff today, then we'll see about the chapter.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 02, 2021, 07:03:27 PM
Happy August!

Hopefully Realistic Goals

• Finish R&R due 8/20
  • Finish manuscript due 9/1
  • Major practitioner newsletter asked us to make our article that just came out into a 2,000 word lay language article before the end of August = huge audience opportunity for our research implications!
  • Get my new research assistant (masters student) and doctoral student volunteer set up to start the big journal scanning project
  • Draft sabbatical application for department chair to preview before deadline

Today, I drafted my sabbatical application and sent it to my department head to review even though it is not due until November. I also worked on revisions for the manuscript due 8/20 and finished up some work on the manuscript due 9/1 and sent it back to my coauthor.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 06, 2021, 12:33:23 PM
Gonna try to finish the editorial stuff today, then we'll see about the chapter.

Did it, and spotty internet resulted in a combination of work on setting up my fall courses, working on August chapter, and starting the research for a new book section.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Maybe some August Chapter or R&R today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 07, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
Maybe some August Chapter or R&R today.

The Hatchling wasn't interested in sleeping much, so I didn't get much of that done. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Gotta teach that little hatchling some research skills, seems to me.

If it doesn't type, that it...

;--》

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

No kidding!

Trying again today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

I just got back from vacation, so I'm feeling reinvigorated and ready to dive into some research. However, the semester starts in a couple of weeks and so non-research obligations will start eating into my time soon. With that said, here are my ongoing goals, which I plan to make progress on in August:

• Finalize paper #1 with colleagues and submit to journal
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague
  • Start outlining invited book chapter
  • Finish teaching case with colleague
  • Begin outlining book proposal based on ongoing research project and/or think about other new research projects to move forward with
  • Get my new research assistant to work on ongoing data collection project

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I didn't ask for it, but August Chapter became September Chapter, so now everything seems doable!

Today, I'll work on August R&R. And finish my editorial crap.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 09, 2021, 08:16:05 AM

Today, I'll work on August R&R. And finish my editorial crap.

Excellent progress today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More on August R&R today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 08, 2021, 11:17:47 AM
I just got back from vacation, so I'm feeling reinvigorated and ready to dive into some research. However, the semester starts in a couple of weeks and so non-research obligations will start eating into my time soon. With that said, here are my ongoing goals, which I plan to make progress on in August:

• Finalize paper #1 with colleagues and submit to journal
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague
  • Start outlining invited book chapter
  • Finish teaching case with colleague
  • Begin outlining book proposal based on ongoing research project and/or think about other new research projects to move forward with
  • Get my new research assistant to work on ongoing data collection project

Paper #1 has now been submitted.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 10, 2021, 09:58:20 AM
More on August R&R today.

I guess I'm pretty much done for the day already. I dealt with some things and am now coming up against another big thing that needs me to work myself up to it. I might come back to it today, I dunno. We'll see.

There are only two big things left to fix up, though. It seems doable!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Editing finished, and sent in.

More slides done, and I've made a list of what's left in the deck.

I coooo--ouullll--dd do some work on the article, now....

Hmm...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.