How would you cite a contribution spread over multiple volumes?

Started by Parasaurolophus, December 30, 2021, 09:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Here's a slightly odd one I'm not sure how to deal with. I have a contribution to a book in three volumes, the first of which is coming out at the end of January. It's an unusual contribution in a weird format. It's a single item, but it's scattered across all three volumes. How should I cite it on my CV? We don't really have a disciplinary citation standard, although most of my publication outlets use something Chicago-ish.

Do you all think it'd be best to do something like: "I wrote this weird thing," in Book for Everyone, ed. Person Whoeditedit (Theirtown: Publishwithus, 2022), 3 vols. Vol. 1 p. 12, 15, 88; Vol. 2 p. 45, 99, 140; Vol. 3 p. 28, 44, 100. (Omitting 'Parasaurolophus', of course, since it's my CV, after all.)

I'm unsure how to mark out the pages, and also how to mark out the year of publication if the third volume doesn't come out in 2022 (I expect it will, but who knows?).
I know it's a genus.

Morden

Are there only the three volumes in the series? If so, and you're in all three, I would give the publication year range at the end. i.e. theirtown: publishwithus, 2010-2022 forthcoming.

sinenomine

That's pretty much in line with the way I've cited a couple of articles that were spread over multiple volumes.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."