News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

December Research

Started by Parasaurolophus, December 01, 2021, 09:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on December 29, 2021, 05:28:26 PM
Got three pages of edits on one article done. Fewer left--only 6--than I'd thought, but the notes also need attention, so....excelsior.

All those other things still need to be done, too....

M.

I wrote my way into a possible chiastic turning point in the medieval article....might explain the heretofore inexplicable.

Always nice when that happens....

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 30, 2021, 08:31:41 AM
It's my partner's birthday, so work time will be somewhat curtailed. I'll do what I can on this section--it really just needs a day when I have a few hours to finish it, but we'll see. It'll either be done today or tomorrow, and that's fine.

I'm am hour or so from finishing it, so that'll be tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish the section today. And since it's my last official day of work, I can also apply for government parental leave benefits, so I'd best do that.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

The quarterly article submission requirements include a tiny maximum word length, so I'm using the shorter blog piece I did to announce the longer one and plumping it up a bit with my more recent findings instead.

Might get that done and in very soon, in fact.

The other piece will take longer, so I might give it a miss today, concentrate on the shorter one, and at least turn it in.

The other things will be brought forward to next month, next year.

But they're all in better shape than they might have been, so that's to the good.

Grateful for the 'bulletin board' here to pin up my 'tiny electronic sticky notes' of celebration.

A good year's end to all.

M. 

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 31, 2021, 08:36:13 AM
I'll finish the section today. And since it's my last official day of work, I can also apply for government parental leave benefits, so I'd best do that.

Done and done. I'll recap the month later, when I have another free moment.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Final tally:

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 01, 2021, 09:11:46 AM

Goals for the month:

• Write four new book sections.
[/s]
  • Touch up two nearly complete book sections.
[/s]
  • Compile winter Newsletter.
  • Fix and resend Neglected Paper
  • Fix and resend October's rejected paper.

I actually wrote 10 sections and fixed 2 more.

I realized I needed to get a move on on the book, so I set the articles aside. I'll fix them when the book is done.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

OK, this was the month's beginning post:

QuoteUpdates: I've put my little toe into the article stuff. More to do there, but it feels good to be back with it, too.
                   I'll keep plugging on the book, using the Ppt materials (on which I got some appreciative feedback, always useful) and
                        the other things I developed as well.

Next goals : a) Get the Ppt seen by at least 10 folks online, and solicit feedback
                   b) See how to mount it and see what kind of traffic it attracts; consider presentations based on it as well.

c) Keep working on the article, see if it can be finished and sent to the person who was interested in it to begin with.
                   d) Sort-of research: Keep up with music theory Ppts and develop a series from those that might also be mountable.
                   e) I started two other go-with Ppts for a); see if those can be finished or at least advanced towards completion.

I just pulled the survey/inventory files I need to work on the article, and I'm focusing on that, plus photos for today.

I should start an email distribution list for the invitation to view the Ppt with commentary (anyone here invited to PM me, also).

So--
The Ppt was seen, commented upon, and revisions started, so that's a and b done.

The article, c, is nearly done: One chunky section of cross-referenced segments is either going to get done, or moved to the 'splinter' file for a later pass.
    Once that's finalized and the rest of the notes are checked, it can go to the person who suggested it.

The theory Ppt, d, has continued to grow apace; pondering how it might be re-structured but not a pressing issue right now.

For now, the other two tour Ppts, e, can stay on the back-burner.

An added element--f, we'll say--came up from the recommendation of a friend who say the first Ppt, and that's in process now for another submission.

More to do, some done.

I'll do January starting tomorrow--kitties to go feed for a friend for now.

M.