News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August research thread

Started by sinenomine, August 01, 2022, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Yesterday I had to rescan several items that I did previously with the wrong scanner settings (who knew the scanner would default to legal sized paper?) then I went to the library to redo the accessibility work on the documents I had spent time on based on the original scans. I plan to return today to make progress on the project.

Parasaurolophus

With luck, I'll start another module today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Fighting lethargy to finish something simple.

Then lesson plan. Then back to Article B.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

darkstarrynight

Realized I had to rescan one more document which I did today. I also made a LOT of progress in the library!

mamselle

Final in on review.

Lesson plans now.

Return to Article B tonight or tomorrow.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ergative

Given that I was wildly distracted with lawyer/home-buying nonsense all day yesterday, I was actually quite productive. Finished a review, finished my contribution to a massive replication project, and finally recorded my stimuli for my new experiment. Today I'm going to just quietly hang out at home, in my pyjamas, and segment sound files while eating bonbons.

mamselle

^Brilliantly decadent. Especially the bonbons...

Waiting to see if there are any last edit requests for review, otherwise done and in.

Back to Article B.

Requested Article A feedback was a false alarm, the file was their request to me for a quick lookover of something else. So, still waiting on that.

Next steps are mulling about within, several roads are diverging in that yellowed wood.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Newslettering today, followed by either starting to read for a fun new referee report, or continuing the supplementary REB course thing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 06, 2022, 08:32:04 AM
Newslettering today, followed by either starting to read for a fun new referee report, or continuing the supplementary REB course thing.

Ugh. Plans changed, no work was possible.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 07, 2022, 10:39:00 AM
Yesterday's goals today.

Finished the Newsletter, read the article (interesting but not ready for publication), then started updating my syllabi for the fall.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today's only goal is another training module.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Found materials for Article B. Will try to read them today.

Back to wondering about Article A. My friend-reader seems distracted about something they're working on. Trying to decide if I should just send it on to the person who asked for it (not under deadline, but she's in her 80s....) or prod friend-reader one last time...

No word further on review, I think it's done and dry.

M.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 01, 2022, 07:00:42 AM
August Goals

• Finalize all prep work for sabbatical project
  • Work on follow-up study manuscript with coauthors
  • Prepare scholarly essay with friend to submit to identified journal
  • Draft and submit book proposal

I had a productive two days! Yesterday I dug into the scholarly essay and found a different journal from the one we were targeting that took commentaries around the word count I was closer to (rather than adding 2,000 more words). I added in a few sources I had gotten from the library plus referenced a perfect advance online article from this journal, and submitted it!

Today I spent the bulk of the day in the library and went turbo on finishing my sabbatical project prep! I can now focus on the "main project" and I am so thrilled. I am going to start on the book proposal tomorrow.