News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Kalamazoo, 2023!

Started by mamselle, September 21, 2022, 04:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I keep getting notes that the deadlines are extended, now for two more days:

"...the 58th International Congress on Medieval Studies (Kalamazoo, May 11-13, 2023) informs us that the deadline for submission has been extended to September 23...."

I didn't plan to do something this year; trying to get more actual papers out the door than conference presentations (all the papers that are banging on the screen were presentations to begin with, so seems like I should put a hold on them, logically, right?)

But....temptation.

I like giving papers. And there are a couple of topics (and writers) who keep going off the deep end and need to know it.

Hmmm.....

Like Ulysses, tie me to the mast, someone...!

Anyone else submitted already?

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

I have another conference to go to in '23, so I'm giving Kalamazoo a miss. I can't recall their ever extending the deadline in the past — doesn't look like a good sign.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mamselle

Maybe the hybrid format is too different, but I found it really helpful, I hope that doesn't change.

Or it could be something with the submission software, that's been weird a couple of times (usually just briefly)...or someone doing the registration got Covid....

But otherwise, yeah....hope all's well with K'zoo.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Double, next day..

I did think of something that's already been given on a simple level (ritual object rediscovered) that wouldn't take too much spiffing up to put together.

It made me happy, thinking about it.

So...

Maybe...

M.

mamselle

Decent first draft down, distillation and submission next.

I always forget about the online submission dragons...

Gotta find some French fries or something like that, to propitiate them with....

M.

mamselle

French fries musta worked.

That was a breeze.

Done and in.

M.