News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, November 01, 2022, 10:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Alas, October is over. Long live the November thread!

My monthly goals, adjusted down to account for a small pile of teaching tasks:

• Work on Rejected Paper.
  • Resubmit Co-Authored Paper 3
  • More progress on 2023 writing commitments (ideally, get that blog post out of the way).
  • Give the conference panel talk. (Eep.)

If I get the page proofs, then I'll have to index as well. Sigh.

For today, I'm just finishing up my fixing of CA3.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

November goals:

• Submit paper #1 with colleagues - colleague is going to do so whenever time permits, maybe as soon as this afternoon
  • Present paper #2 with colleague at conference/workshop in a couple of weeks
  • Make some progress on paper #3 with colleague
  • Update dataset and run preliminary models for possible next paper with colleague
  • Find home for short op-ed piece

I'd also like to do some brainstorming on new projects, but that may be a stretch given other obligations.

filologos

November goal: 3,000 more words for Chapter 3.

mamselle

November goals: up in the air, TBD.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

November goals:

• Submit paper #1 with colleagues - colleague is going to do so whenever time permits, maybe as soon as this afternoon
  • Present paper #2 with colleague at conference/workshop in a couple of weeks
  • Make some progress on paper #3 with colleague
  • Update dataset and run preliminary models for possible next paper with colleague
  • Find home for short op-ed piece

I did not expect to cross something off so soon, but my colleague submitted the paper so it gets taken off the list.

Ancient Fellow

November

Finish complete draft of Next Monograph!

• Chapter six
  • Chapter seven
  • Chapter eight

(all remaining chapters are partly completed, not as Herculean a task as it looks)

Parasaurolophus

I suppose today I'll work on helping a colleague craft syllabi for new courses, and maybe read a bit.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

November Goals

• Keep working on sabbatical project (I blocked specific activities to complete through early December in my calendar so now I will just embrace that I cannot finish this in my one semester off)
  • Prepare presentation and revise report for Fellowship
  • Prepare panel for conference in mid-November
  • If book proposal is approved by organization, update proposal and meet with publisher
  • Anticipating book chapter proof, turn that around for publishing

Sorry I was incognito much of October. I did get the proof of my article with subfield colleague yesterday and already sent back corrections. That was pretty exciting! The manuscript I complained about in the previous post is still under review with journal after more than 5 months, when a month ago we were promised a decision since "all reviews were in." I continue to be frustrated but I am not the corresponding author so I am trying to stay out of it. I involved an early career scholar and a student who I put ahead of me in author order. The student is very anxious and wants to move forward but the first author is very hesitant to bother the editors.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 02, 2022, 10:38:19 AM
I suppose today I'll work on helping a colleague craft syllabi for new courses, and maybe read a bit.

Didn't have much time at all, but still.

Alas, my small grant application was rejected today as well. Oh well, I'll try again next time.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I will attend to my small pile of teaching crap (ugh).
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Yesterday I made some good progress on the sabbatical project. I also agreed to review a manuscript revision for a journal since I apparently enjoy adding stuff to my plate. Tomorrow all of the fellowship teams are meeting to learn about our presentation requirements and to finalize our reports.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 03, 2022, 10:42:47 AM
Today I will attend to my small pile of teaching crap (ugh).

There's still a pile, but at least it's smaller.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Alas, I only have time for some marking today. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 04, 2022, 03:44:57 PM
Alas, I only have time for some marking today. Ugh.

I'm nearly all caught up. Just some short essays left...
I know it's a genus.