News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October research thread

Started by Harlow2, October 01, 2022, 06:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll have a look at the rejected reply and see what I can do about it one-handed.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Quote from: Ancient Fellow on October 12, 2022, 02:47:41 PM
October

Finish troublesome chapter 5 of Next Monograph. I know that last month I described chapter 4 this way. Yes, it's becoming a theme.

Lodestone Edited Collection has at last been sent out for review by a uni press.

Finish Research Fellowship Applications built around proposed Controversial Monograph.

Breakthrough! Despite a horrid bout of flu/RSV, I am through the roadblock and coasting downhill.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 29, 2022, 09:02:24 AM
Today I'll have a look at the rejected reply and see what I can do about it one-handed.

I also revisited co-authored paper 3, and pruned it back by 5000 words (I liked what we said, but it was written for an outlet that rejected it, and real journals all have much lower word counts).
I know it's a genus.

Harlow2

Paper 1 submitted
Took today off and some of tomorrow
Paper 2 continuing data analysis tomorrow and Monday
Need to think about project 3

Parasaurolophus

I thought I might work today, but now I've thought better of it. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Pushed to get a 'loose ends' paragraph done.

Nap now.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

filologos

Despite being on track to hit my stretch goal of 4,000 words, I was completely derailed last week and made virtually no progress. But I still achieved my goal of writing 3,000 words this month (actual total: 3,146). I'll take it. (And I skimmed a fantastic article this morning that I look forward to reading carefully later this week.)

Parasaurolophus

I suppose I'll continue to rework the co-authored paper.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

October goals:
  • Finish and submit paper #1 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague - I'm taking the lead on the data analysis and will probably turn to this once paper #1 has been submitted
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court and this is low priority for me
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague - ball is in colleague's court and this is low priority for me
  • Make progress on R&R with colleague - due in mid-November
  • Turn around desk rejected paper

This is the first month in a while in which I've accomplished all my goals - and then some, since I neglected to mention a few small items. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the momentum going in November, despite a bit more teaching/grading and Thanksgiving travel.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 31, 2022, 11:56:10 AM
I suppose I'll continue to rework the co-authored paper.

Half done, should finish tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 02, 2022, 08:01:50 AM
October:

• Complete preliminary index for book (index sans page numbers).
  • Send out Rejected Reply again.
  • Re-work Conference Panel Paper.
  • Make progress on 2023 writing commitments.

Not bad!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Emailed editor to 3xplain health-related delay, and ask about article status.

On va voir.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.