Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on December 01, 2022, 12:52:37 PM
December Goals

• Finish manuscript review due mid-December
  • Submit revised report for fellowship due mid-December
  • Finish reading articles for sabbatical project
  • Set up meeting with book publisher regarding book proposal

I finished all of the reading for my big project today and met with the librarian who oversees our repository so I could find out next steps to building one with these articles. It is tedious but I need to the time to analyze and write anyway before the articles are open access, so there is a lot to do!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 05, 2022, 01:14:20 PM
Need to Newsletter some more. But also need to do a small pile of other things...

Got a good bit done.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Newsletter and teaching stuff. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 06, 2022, 07:42:17 AM
Newsletter and teaching stuff. Ugh.

Just about done the Newsletter, but other crap just keeps getting piled on my door. Uuuugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Finishing the Newsletter, lotsa teaching stuff.
I know it's a genus.

euro_trash

*Hear back about UP proposal?
*Clean home office in preparation for spring/summer manuscript destruction
*Buy and install dual monitor mounts
*Submot proposal to July 2023 international conference
*Create gantt chart for spring/summer manuscript destruction
*Book research trip to British Library
*Integrate September conference feedback on paper in progress
*mindmap chaoter 8
*mindmap key concepts monograph introduction
*look at crappy chapter 7 with fresh eyes
spork in 2014: "It's a woe-is-me echo chamber."

niceday in 2011: "Euro_trash is blinded by his love for Endnote"

I'm kind of a hippy, love nature and my kids, and am still a believer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4BPPaaoKc

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I have a lot of work ahead on my sabbatical project even though the sabbatical is ending this month. I met with the managing editor regarding the book proposal today so we can submit it to the publisher soon for consideration. I just need to make a few edits based on the board's suggestions. I put together a conference proposal today but the first day I can submit is Friday so I am just going to do it first thing in the morning then. I am working on two conference proposals from my sabbatical project, one for a practitioner conference and one for a research conference. They are both due in January. I am meeting with my fellowship research team tomorrow to revise our report due next week.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly just teaching tasks today, I'm afraid.

Though I did get an R&R this morning, which is nice. After six months. So I guess I can have a look at that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 08, 2022, 10:54:45 AM
Mostly just teaching tasks today, I'm afraid.

Though I did get an R&R this morning, which is nice. After six months. So I guess I can have a look at that.

Not enough progress on the first.

R1 thinks my explanation of an issue is brilliant. R2 thinks I misunderstood it.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on December 01, 2022, 12:52:37 PM
December Goals

• Finish manuscript review due mid-December
  • Submit revised report for fellowship due mid-December
  • Finish reading articles for sabbatical project
  • Set up meeting with book publisher regarding book proposal

I had a fruitful day! I finished the additional manuscript review I just got asked to do which was due in January! I also helped a doctoral student submit an exempt IRB approval which already got approved this afternoon! I also had a great meeting with the fellowship team to finalize report revisions which are due next week. We are going to finish them leading up to the deadline, but it they are fairly minor. I also made edits to my book prospectus and sent them to the managing editor, and she is going to review them early next week and then send them to the publisher for consideration. I am excited!

Parasaurolophus

Pile of teaching stuff first, then... Maybe I'll read my R&Red paper, or something.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 09, 2022, 11:17:34 AM
Pile of teaching stuff first, then... Maybe I'll read my R&Red paper, or something.

Read the paper, and one of R1's recommended texts. It's not in bad shape overall, and R1's comments are spot on. R2 is a bonehead.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

So, crunch 'em up and use 'em to decorate the tree?

;--》

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I do like bones inna tree...

Mostly grading today, with maybe a touch of the January blogpost.
I know it's a genus.