News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

December Research Thread

Started by Sun_Worshiper, December 01, 2022, 08:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 10, 2022, 09:50:19 AM

Mostly grading today, with maybe a touch of the January blogpost.

Made a little headway.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Lots of marking today, so maybe just reading on the research front.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 11, 2022, 11:29:49 AM
Lots of marking today, so maybe just reading on the research front.

Read a bunch.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I woke up today to a publication! I anticipated it would come out in 2023 so this was a nice way to start a Monday! Also, my book proposal revisions were lauded by the managing editor and she sent it to the publisher this morning. This afternoon I plan to do some analysis on my sabbatical project data so I can prepare the conference proposals due next month. Have a great start to your week, everyone!

filologos

3,000 words so far this month. Trying to avoid the temptation of rushing through the rest of this chapter just to get it done . . .

Congratulations, darkstarrynight!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: darkstarrynight on December 12, 2022, 08:24:39 AM
I woke up today to a publication! I anticipated it would come out in 2023 so this was a nice way to start a Monday! Also, my book proposal revisions were lauded by the managing editor and she sent it to the publisher this morning. This afternoon I plan to do some analysis on my sabbatical project data so I can prepare the conference proposals due next month. Have a great start to your week, everyone!

Congratulations!

For my part, only reading today. Grading will take up everything else.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 12, 2022, 10:53:59 AM

For my part, only reading today. Grading will take up everything else.

Did my bit.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: darkstarrynight on December 12, 2022, 08:24:39 AM

Great news! Congrats!

darkstarrynight

Thanks, everyone! It is one of the best Mondays I have had in awhile! I also had a small win this afternoon. I was able to get all of the first initials changed to first names of all authors in all articles in my spreadsheet per the library's request (for my sabbatical project). I thought it would take many hours so I blocked off some time each day this week but I did that all this afternoon in just over an hour!

Parasaurolophus

Tons more marking, so just gonna read today. And make sure the second set of proofs I got today is okay.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 13, 2022, 09:47:17 AM
Tons more marking, so just gonna read today. And make sure the second set of proofs I got today is okay.

Proofs verified, read my quota.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just my reading quota plus a last glance at the book proofs today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 14, 2022, 11:16:09 AM
Just my reading quota plus a last glance at the book proofs today.

Done and sent.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I vaguely worked on analysis today but did have to ask my spouse for help with pivot tables. I was a little delayed on making progress but I still had a good day delivering a graduation card to a student who missed commencement last week. After that I did a quick walk through the building and visited with three former students of mine working at the university who are so talented and awesome! That was worth my lagging day of research progress. I did also get queries on the book chapter that has been awaiting the proof stage by one of the book editors and the publisher, so I worked on responding to those.

Parasaurolophus

Infinitely more course stuff to do today, including but not limited to grading. So: only reading my quota.
I know it's a genus.