News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

January Research Thread

Started by sinenomine, January 01, 2023, 04:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 05, 2023, 01:28:17 PM
I want to read 2 articles for the R&R and start cutting down a prize submission (5k too long).

Cut about ~2k, but these were the easiest cuts.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Probably just cutting the prize paper today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 06, 2023, 08:51:09 AM
Probably just cutting the prize paper today.

Made it to just 79 words over the limit (not counting the works cited, which I won't count). It looks pretty good, trimmed of all that fat.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure what to aim for today--some more cuts to the prize paper, I suppose, and maybe even some edits. Maybe also some work on the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 07, 2023, 10:03:21 AM
Not sure what to aim for today--some more cuts to the prize paper, I suppose, and maybe even some edits. Maybe also some work on the R&R.

I also prepped a class, did some reading, and cleaned up my desktop.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Should look at the blogpost and R&R today. Got a two week extension for the R&R, which is nice.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 09, 2023, 02:26:58 PM
Should look at the blogpost and R&R today. Got a two week extension for the R&R, which is nice.

I'll probably only manage teaching stuff today but, if not, then I should keep refining that post.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 10, 2023, 07:25:20 AM

I'll probably only manage teaching stuff today but, if not, then I should keep refining that post.

Nope, but that's okay. Did the teaching stuff, at least.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 10, 2023, 04:45:04 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 10, 2023, 07:25:20 AM

Nope, but that's okay. Did the teaching stuff, at least.

I am impressed with your accountability! I drove all day yesterday to get back home so I only did teaching stuff today too.

Parasaurolophus

Ha!

I apparently took on a translation project yesterday, because it's a friend's and preliminarily complete. So... Today I start checking that, and cut down my blog post and progress on the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 11, 2023, 09:35:58 AM

I apparently took on a translation project yesterday, because it's a friend's and preliminarily complete. So... Today I start checking that, and cut down my blog post
and progress on the R&R.

Got my goal of checking the translation for five pages of the manuscript (~9 of the original), and finished the blog post (I think; final check tomorrow).
I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

4th revision has been submitted.  If that does not finally shut up Reviewer #2, I'm gonna go to his house and kill his kids.  Reviewer #1 was happy 2 versions ago.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Did a bit of translating, but unfortunately nothing else. Had I known I'd have so little time, I'd have used it differently. Sigh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna translate, submit my blog post, maybe submit a prize paper, return to the R&R, and work on teaching stuff.

We'll see.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I spent an hour with IT working on some issues I need to resolve with my sabbatical project data for the library repository to be established. I accomplished some things but now have a game plan to move forward!