Started by sinenomine, January 01, 2023, 04:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on January 03, 2023, 01:37:41 PM
January Goals

• Continue analysis on sabbatical project data
  • Work on sabbatical project repository for library
  • Meet with publisher regarding book proposal

I am about to return to the first goal, and mostly done with the second goal prep work before I have to fill out the library spreadsheet. There is a lot of tedious work to do before that point! I have not met with the publisher yet on my book proposal. Its editorial board sent me to questions last week which I responded to regarding some clarification they needed. I hope that is a good sign!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I am struggling to motivate myself to get back to the analysis. It sounds daunting and my basement office seems so cold right now because it is insanely cold outside and the basement is at least 10 degrees cooler than the main floor. My spouse just told me to stop being grumpy and just go down there and work (I have a big monitor that helps me see the data better than on my laptop upstairs). I am just venting here to myself really, and may or may not be disappointed in my lack of effort later. To be continued...

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 01, 2023, 12:07:52 PM
    I mostly need to rethink my writing plans for the next six months, But for January, let's say:

• Turn around a very-involved R&R (am hoping for an extension)
    • Figure out how to finish up that blog post.
    [/s]
    • Finish preparing 1 invited contribution
    • Submitting one extant rejected paper for a special issue
    • Start re-jigging an extant paper into a symposium talk on a senior scholar's work
    [/s]

I'm close on the R&R, and got an extension. Rejected Paper is also close to resubmission. I also wrote a quarter of a new paper, and did some translating (the proposal passed editorial review and went to referees today), and applied for what I hope is a better (local) job.

The blog post went up today, and I wrote reports for two conference submissions I was refereeing. [/list]
    I know it's a genus.