Started by darkstarrynight, February 01, 2023, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

How is it already February!?

February Goals

• Continue analysis on sabbatical project data
  • Work on sabbatical project repository for library
  • Meet with publisher regarding book proposal

I have the same goals as I did in January. I made progress on these, but they will remain my priority at this time.

Parasaurolophus

February:

• Submit co-authored paper to special issue.
  • Finishing and submit R&R.
  • Work on symposium talk.
  • Work on translation.
  • Submit grant application.
  • Stretch: work on popular-facing chapter.

I'm travelling today, so will accomplish nothing.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

February priorities:

• Revise and submit paper #1 (solo, R&R, due mid-February)
  • Revise paper #2 and, if possible, submit to journal (solo, recently rejected)
  • Revise paper #3 and, if possible, submit to journal (with colleagues, recently rejected)
  • Complete and submit sabbatical proposal
  • Make progress on book proposal and draft
  • Prepare and, if possible, submit IRB to conduct interviews for book project

Items on the backburner:

• Work on proposal for short book project with colleague (this is something I will try to make at least marginal progress on, but can't prioritize it with so many other things going on)
  • Paper #4 with colleague (we have a pretty solid draft, but colleague wants to make some edits at their leisure and we'll probably also wait till after an upcoming conference to submit to a journal)
  • Paper #5 with colleague (we submitted a draft to an upcoming conference, but I don't know that either of us has the will to do anything more with it until we get some feedback)
  • Paper #6 with colleagues (I made my revisions so ball in their court now)

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Breaking news: darkstarrynight finally returned to data analysis and made incremental progress!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Finally my colleague in IT split the multipage TIFF files so my files are ready to prepare in batches for the library. Baby steps...

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on February 01, 2023, 07:02:12 PM
February priorities:

• Revise paper #3 and, if possible, submit to journal (with colleagues, recently rejected)

Items on the backburner:

• Work on proposal for short book project with colleague (this is something I will try to make at least marginal progress on, but can't prioritize it with so many other things going on)
  • Paper #4 with colleague (we have a pretty solid draft, but colleague wants to make some edits at their leisure and we'll probably also wait till after an upcoming conference to submit to a journal)
  • Paper #5 with colleague (we submitted a draft to an upcoming conference, but I don't know that either of us has the will to do anything more with it until we get some feedback)

Parasaurolophus

More R&Ring today. My hands will be free, so I'll try to get somewhere more concrete.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 04, 2023, 09:43:21 AM
More R&Ring today. My hands will be free, so I'll try to get somewhere more concrete.

I jinxed it. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

February priorities:

Items on the backburner:

Co-author told me he can't work on our paper till next month, so moving that project off the priority list and onto the backburner. In the meantime, I got started on paper #2 on Friday and I think I can get it back out the door this month. I'll work on it this week and also submit my sabbatical proposal.

Parasaurolophus

Gotta get teaching crap out of the way today. If there's time, I can return to the R&R.
I know it's a genus.