News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

March Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, March 01, 2023, 08:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Translating and having a look at that other paper I want to work into the symposium piece.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 04, 2023, 12:04:07 PM
Translating and having a look at that other paper I want to work into the symposium piece.

Six pages, translated, article re-read, other reading done too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll work a little on re-intergrating that other work into the symposium piece, then maybe (if there's time) start on that special issue submission. And try to hit my translation quota.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 05, 2023, 08:41:50 AM
I'll work a little on re-intergrating that other work into the symposium piece, then maybe (if there's time) start on that special issue submission. And try to hit my translation quota.

Made a 400-word start on that special issue paper. I think there's hope for it, actually; I should be able to pull it off, and with a degree of flair. I found a good way in. :)
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gotta get back on the teaching wagon today, but first, my translation quota and a bit of that new paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 06, 2023, 08:31:31 AM
Gotta get back on the teaching wagon today, but first, my translation quota and a bit of that new paper.

Four pages and 700 words, but my laptop's charger has diied, so no class stuff today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Since I have to make an unplanned trip to town for a new laptop charger, almost nothing will get done today. Maybe a little work on that special issue if I'm lucky.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 07, 2023, 07:47:21 AM
Since I have to make an unplanned trip to town for a new laptop charger, almost nothing will get done today. Maybe a little work on that special issue if I'm lucky.

Translated my bit. My energy is too low for much else.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Since nothing was done yesterday or the day before, I mostly have to do teaching stuff today. But I'll also translate my quota. And maybe just spend a few minutes on the special issue piece, because I had a great thought in the night.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I tried to reach the IT person who keeps ghosting me. Hu was not in their office when it was open so I left a handwritten note, then tried calling (still out), then finally emailed and got a response that they can help me. It has really put me behind and I already blocked out time Sunday to go to the library since I have to figure out how to do this on a particular type of computer I do not own (the college I am in at the university uses all one type of computer but the library says I cannot do what I need to do on this type). Fun times!

I also need to get back to my analysis since I am presenting in two weeks on my project. Yet, I have a letter of recommendation to write, research award submissions to review, conference proposals to review, and things pile up for me as IRB Chair every few hours with lots of emails and protocols to sign. I continue to need improvement with time management! Once I can get all of this stuff behind me that has deadlines, I can finally get a manuscript drafted on the sabbatical project data analysis and start working on my new book I have to write!

Parasaurolophus

Blah teaching. Also blah, I'm mildly ill. I'll get my quota in, though.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Got the conference proposal reviews done, now working on the research award submissions.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on March 09, 2023, 10:35:52 AM
Got the conference proposal reviews done, now working on the research award submissions.

Finished reviewing research award submissions. Yahoo!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 09, 2023, 09:17:50 AM
Blah teaching. Also blah, I'm mildly ill. I'll get my quota in, though.

Got there in the end.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Translation quota, plus I'd like some small special issue progress.
I know it's a genus.