News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

March Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, March 01, 2023, 08:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: darkstarrynight on March 26, 2023, 06:06:43 PM
Our article did not win the best paper award at the conference, but I was really honored to be among the finalists.

Blah, my condolences!

Today: translation quota, maybe some special issue fixing-work, and work on the symposium slides. I'll make a start on writing that referee report, too (accept, minor changes).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 27, 2023, 07:32:05 AM

Today: translation quota, maybe some special issue fixing-work, and work on the symposium slides. I'll make a start on writing that referee report, too (accept, minor changes).

Did some good fixing, which added 400 words. And wrote and sent the entire report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More fixing, quota, lots of class stuff.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on March 13, 2023, 01:23:48 PM
March priorities:

• Make progress on book proposal and draft
  • Prepare and submit IRB
  • Work on proposal for short book project with colleague
  • Revise paper #1 and, if possible, resubmit to journal (with colleague, R&R)
  • Revise paper #2 and, if possible, submit to new journal (with colleagues, recently rejected)

Backburner projects:
  • Paper #3 with colleague (getting this off to a journal will be a priority in April)
  • Paper #4 with colleague (submitted to conference)
  • Paper #5 with colleagues (ball in colleagues' courts for now)

Sent back my R&R today.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gotta get moving on the Newsletter today. Between that and my quota, I don't expect to accomplish much else.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did journal editor stuff today. I also submitted the "fun commentary" manuscript that went nowhere last year to a new journal that my coauthor identified as a good fit after some minor edits. I have been a little out of it as I had a death in my family and my spouse had major surgery this week. This has caused me to miss meetings and lose time I had to work on finalizing all of the sabbatical project stuff, but I need to give myself grace and space to manage the challenges and not stress so much about rushing to get things done.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 30, 2023, 07:35:55 AM
Gotta get moving on the Newsletter today. Between that and my quota, I don't expect to accomplish much else.

Did the Newsletter, not the quota. Planted my garden, though
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just the translating today, I think. So much teaching stuff is piling up...
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Today I was interviewed for a dissertation study (student is at another institution). I helped my first doctoral graduate with brushing up an old manuscript to update for resubmission. The editors acknowledged my submission yesterday very positively and noted it would go under review; thus it was not desk rejected, yay!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 31, 2023, 08:03:12 AM
Just the translating today, I think. So much teaching stuff is piling up...

Not much of a dent in the teaching stuff, but tomorrow should be better.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quota and a large pile of teaching stuff today. I should also work on the Symposium talk.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 01, 2023, 08:50:25 AM

March goals:

• Finish Symposium piece (ideally in the first week), turn it into a presentation
  • Continue work on translation

Stretch:
  • Write new paper for Special Issue 1

Got most of the way through a full draft of the Special Issue paper. It'll be done by mid-April, anyway.
I know it's a genus.