News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, April 01, 2023, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 07, 2023, 06:20:02 AM
Aaaand my computer has died for unknown reasons, so none of what I was hoping to do in the next few days will get done. Sigh.

Fixed the laptop early enough to put in a tiny bit of work on the paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly the special issue piece today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM
I'm hoping to make progress on the following in April:

• Book project #1 - priority is to identify and contact potential interview subjects for qualitative work
  • Book project #2 with colleague - polish and, if possible, submit proposal to potential publisher
  • Paper #2 - finish revisions and submit to journal with colleagues
  • Paper #3 - revise and submit to new journal with colleagues (desk rejection with option to make some minor edits and resubmit)
  • paper #4 - present at conference in a couple of weeks
  • Paper #4 - revise in light of conference comments and, if possible, send it off to a journal (sending this to a journal is a stretch goal, but not entirely unrealistic, especially if my co-author is able to dedicate time)

Sent in the book proposal for book project #2 yesterday. Now waiting to see what the publisher says.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 08, 2023, 12:20:41 PM

Sent in the book proposal for book project #2 yesterday. Now waiting to see what the publisher says.

Well done!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 08, 2023, 08:58:52 AM
Mostly the special issue piece today.

Did a pile. It still needs a conclusion, but it's so close to done!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

The recent laptop scare convinced me I need to have a backup laptop, since it's such a hike to go into town, and so hard to do at the last minute. So I bought a cheap Chromebook. Now I just need to be more regular about backing up my files, especially my library.

Today, I'm just working on my paper's conclusion. Then lots of marking.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 09, 2023, 08:04:13 AM

Today, I'm just working on my paper's conclusion. Then lots of marking.

Well, I have a more or less complete paper. Still need to tinker and polish a tiny bit, and fix up the citations. But I should be able to send it in shortly! I think it must be worth an R&R. It's so tailored to this special issue, however, that if it doesn't get the R&R, then I dunno what on earth I'll do with it.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll read over the paper and see about cuts and things. Then I have to start all my marking...
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 10, 2023, 07:27:34 AM
]I'll read over the paper and see about cuts and things. Then I have to start all my marking...

I didn't have much time, in the end. But I did some fixing, and it's really not bad. I'll do a couple of last things tomorrow, then send it in!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Finishing the special issue paper today, maybe even submitting it.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 11, 2023, 07:15:35 AM
Finishing the special issue paper today, maybe even submitting it.

Finished it, sent it, did a bit of work (~200 words) on next month's special issue submission.

On to the marking.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly marking today, but I can finally return to my translation, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 12, 2023, 06:58:26 AM
Mostly marking today, but I can finally return to my translation, too.

Cleaned my desktop, backed up my library, wrote a referee report (accept), and did a bit on the May special issue submission, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More translating today; more special issuing would be good, but it's unlikely. Too much marking remains.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I have not done much this week besides teaching/grading stuff and journal editor responsibilities. I blocked out most of Monday to get back to my repository project because that needs to get done!

Parasaurolophus

More translating today, followed by much more marking.
I know it's a genus.