News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Sun_Worshiper, May 01, 2023, 08:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Just popping by to say I did not hear from our communications person (who never has been quick to communicate, ha). I spent all day finalizing summer courses so tomorrow I will return to my manuscript. I also finished proposal reviews for an organization's conference. This timing is working out well because my colleague at the organization which is supporting my book project has a meeting this week with the publisher's new editor. Hopefully I can make a smooth transition from the manuscript to start writing the book in the near future.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 30, 2023, 08:45:27 AM
Translation quota + 200-300 words today.

Translated almost five times the quota, wrote about 500 words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Received an R&R today (minor revisions), so that will be added to the list for June.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on May 31, 2023, 08:08:15 AM
Received an R&R today (minor revisions), so that will be added to the list for June.

Congrats!

Today I spent a lot of time on the manuscript. I added some words, consolidated a few tables, and got stuck on some more ideas for analysis. I went back to my tech savvy spouse who was too tired this late in the day to think about how to approach my latest question. I will wait until tomorrow and still hope I can get this wrapped up this week even though we are going on a road trip tomorrow to another city. I do not think I have enough content to submit it yet.

Wahoo Redux

W00T!!!!  Congrats!!!!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Excellent news! Congrats!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 31, 2023, 07:23:41 AM
Just translating today.

Three pages to go tomorrow, then the whole book (384 pages) is done!
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 01, 2023, 09:42:01 AM
I have an invited contribution to write for June, and more progress to make on my translation. And that's it! Whew. Finally a month with a low workload!

Didn't finish either one, but both are fairly close. I also refereed a thing. The translation will be done today, and the chapter will be done in the next two weeks.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on May 01, 2023, 08:27:17 AM
What are your goals for May?

I'm hoping to make progress on the following in May:

• Book project #1 - draft chapter 2
  • Book project #2 with colleague - update proposal and submit it with chapter 1 to interested editor (ball is in colleague's court)
  • Paper #1 with colleagues - finish and submit to journal
  • Paper #2 with colleague - finish and submit to journal (ball is in colleague's court)
  • Paper #3 with colleague - it would be nice to get the ball rolling on this, but it is lowest priority

I'm pretty happy with this month. Didn't cross many things off the list, but made good progress on both book projects (ahead of where I expected to be on project #1 and I think we've had a conceptual breakthrough on project #2) and paper #2 should be ready to send off soon.