News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2023, 08:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

The May Research Thread is dead. Long live the June Research Thread!

Monthly goals:

• Finish my translation project.
  • Finish and submit June Chapter.
  • Start revising my resubmission.

Today, I'll finish the translation and see what else I feel like doing.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

I'm hoping to make progress on the following in June:

• Book project #1 - make some progress on interviews, revise/polish chapters 1-3 and proposal
  • Book project #2 with colleague - make progress on conceptual framework and draft of chapter 1 (it would be great to send this off to the editor by the end of the month... we'll see)
  • Paper #1 with colleague - finish and submit to journal
  • Paper #2 with colleague - revise and resubmit to journal
  • Paper #3 with colleague - it would be nice to get the ball rolling on this, but it is lowest priority
  • Revise and resubmit short, non-refereed article to magazine

MarathonRunner

Almost finished first round of dissertation corrections. Thankfully only my supervisor needs to approve the corrections. That's my major focus. Then a major R&R for a journal article. If I still have time, writing up a manuscript for analyses that have already been completed.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 01, 2023, 08:02:35 AM

Today, I'll finish the translation and see what else I feel like doing.

Done, and did a bunch of work on a second, much shorter translation project, just for fun and since I'm in that mode. I'm about 18% done that one.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I should work on the June paper today, but my hands won't be very free for typing. So... I dunno. I'll find something, but it would be easier if I had something I needed to read.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

June Goals

• Work on manuscript with goal to submit ASAP
  • After manuscript is submitted, promote library repository
  • Get started on writing book now that contract has been signed!!!

Not a lot has changed since May. I am sitting across from my spouse while we are on vacation as hu helps me with more wizardry for analysis since my manuscript needs some more content. My original goal was to submit before the end of May, then by today before summer classes begin, but since the dean's communication person is ignoring me about promoting the repository, I will give myself a few more days on finalizing the manuscript.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 02, 2023, 08:22:09 AM
I should work on the June paper today, but my hands won't be very free for typing. So... I dunno. I'll find something, but it would be easier if I had something I needed to read.

Managed a bunch of fixing for the June Paper. Still have to finish one section, tidy another, and write a brief conclusion. Also started reading for a book review due in November.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hatchling got up way too early, so I don't expect to accomplish anything today.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Much to do. 

Finally finished that book review yesterday long past due.  Sure hope the author of the book never reads it---I don't think I did a very good job of summarizing the book's complexity.

Received a very positive response from acquisition editor.  She liked the proposal but wanted a "strong central thesis"----hmmmm...been giving that some thought.  Need to write a detailed outline for myself and start looking for two 5K excerpts as writing samples.  Need to look at some monographs, decide what a strong central thesis looks like.

Also, out of the blue, got an email from an editorial assistant about an old revise and resubmit.  Yes, I am still working on it; sure, I can get it back to them this summer...not like I'm looking for a strong central thesis or anything...

Have several creative works that need to go out the door.

Need to finish that feature article now that I got a quote from that nice guy at the neighborhood association...
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 03, 2023, 01:47:22 PM
Hatchling got up way too early, so I don't expect to accomplish anything today.

Managed to do a little work on the June paper before I took a nap
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Some of the June paper today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 04, 2023, 08:07:20 AM
Some of the June paper today.

Did some polishing and re-arranging. Still have one section to finish and most of the conclusion to write, but I'm close! I also did some work on my new, smaller translation project, and read a thing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Finish the last chapter of the book and send to the publisher.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.