News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2023, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

A weird, interrupted day today. I might manage a page or two of translation; otherwise, I should re-read the introduction to the other translation and try to work a new thing in.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

Got 518 words done today.
I think I'll actually start reading the book for review this evening.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 12, 2023, 07:00:32 AMA weird, interrupted day today. I might manage a page or two of translation; otherwise, I should re-read the introduction to the other translation and try to work a new thing in.

Three pages translated, read the intro and worked the new thing in (though citing it is... difficult), and read a bit of something else for October.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

546 words today.  I'm a little surprised that this chapter is going as well as it has.  I'll take it though.

Parasaurolophus

We have a house guest and my partner had an interview this morning, so I don't think I'll have much time today. But I'll try to get some translation done so that I can be done before the next batch of guests arrive.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 13, 2023, 01:20:44 PMWe have a house guest and my partner had an interview this morning, so I don't think I'll have much time today. But I'll try to get some translation done so that I can be done before the next batch of guests arrive.

I finished it, which is nice! Now it just needs an intro and some footnoting.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure what I'll work on today. Either the footnotes, or a rejected paper.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

531 words today.  Nothing more.  Done for the weekend.

All in all, it was a solid week.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 14, 2023, 07:42:47 AMNot sure what I'll work on today. Either the footnotes, or a rejected paper.

Got most of the Greek and Latin translated.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on July 03, 2023, 12:08:40 PMJuly Goals
  • Update manuscript to submit to target journal #2
  • Write book chapters due August 1
  • Get started on book manuscript

I submitted my manuscript on Tuesday. The past two days I finished the last of my scanning project which remained from my sabbatical project last fall. Whew! I met with the managing editor today and have a clear plan and timeline for my book manuscript. My spouse promised to work with me on our chapter on Sunday...I hope hu will still be willing to on the weekend!

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'll make a start on the introduction to my translation.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 15, 2023, 07:59:16 AMToday, I'll make a start on the introduction to my translation.

Made an 800-word start.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish the Latin translations, and read the next book I have to read.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 16, 2023, 08:25:55 AMI'll finish the Latin translations, and read the next book I have to read.

Well, that's done, at least.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'll read some of the book I need to have read by October, and start going through some of the additional literature to extend a paper.
I know it's a genus.