News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2023, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Today's another reading day. I might, if I'm feeling brave, have a closer look at the comments on the invited piece. Might as well break the ice, since I'll have to revise it soon.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 30, 2023, 08:58:56 AMToday's another reading day. I might, if I'm feeling brave, have a closer look at the comments on the invited piece. Might as well break the ice, since I'll have to revise it soon.

The comments are fine, actually. Also translated five pages. did Newsletter work, and read an extra article.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gotta do some newsletter stuff. Otherwise... maybe some translation?
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

651 words today.  A total of 9427 on the month.  I should have chapter 1 drafted by the end of next week.

Got the puff piece done, and will finish the book needed review later today.

A pretty solid month.  If they can all be this solid, I'll have the book done in decent time.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 31, 2023, 07:24:18 AMGotta do some newsletter stuff. Otherwise... maybe some translation?

Didn't get much done. Newsletter stuff, but not as much as I'd hoped.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Newslettering and reading today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 11, 2023, 07:40:12 AMI was on vacation for the last couple of weeks so I'm getting a late start this month...

July goals:
  • Make progress on book project #1 - start conducting interviews, polish proposal, maybe submit proposal to presses
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague - finish draft of proposal and of chapter 1, maybe resubmit materials to press that expressed interest
  • Make progress on article manuscript #1 w colleague - we need to get started
  • Make progress on article manuscript #2 w colleague - we're at the polishing stage and ball is in his court

A rare month in which I made progress on each of my goals - even though I didn't manage to get any of these projects got off my desk.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 01, 2023, 06:52:13 AMMonthly goals:

• Finish new translation project.
  • Finish reading the book I have to review next.

Stretch:
  • Revise one paper.
  • Revise a second paper.

Made progress on the two papers, and got a contract with OUP for the first translation project. Also refereed a thing.
I know it's a genus.