News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by Sun_Worshiper, August 01, 2023, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

Summer is winding down and so I hope we can all take some time for ourselves before the fall semester begins... But we also know that the show must go on. So amid your summer ales, BBQs, and naps on the beach, what are your goals for the month?

My August goals:
  • Make progress on book project #1 - continue conducting interviews and writing, continue working with editor to get the proposal to where she wants it
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on article manuscript #1 w colleague - we need a full draft by the end of the month for a conference, ball is currently in colleague's court
  • Make progress on article manuscript #2 w colleague - ball is in colleague's court

Parasaurolophus

Oh whoops, it's August now!

• Revise invited chapter.
  • Finish reading book for October panel.
  • Finish and publish Newsletter.
  • Comment on a thing for a friend.

I'll be away and mostly unable to work from the 9-20, so that's enough. But if I get lucky, I can stretch to:

• Revise an article, send it out again.
  • Finish this translation
  • Write book review
  • Write up an intro and check the Latin in translation project 2
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

August goals:

Finish the draft of chapter 1
Start chapter 2
Write and submit book review
Have conference paper ready to submit

Parasaurolophus

Did my Newslettering, read twice my quota and half my friend's piece.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I should newsletter and maybe start revising that chapter. Maybe even translate a bit.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

618 words today.  Taking the rest of the day off.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 02, 2023, 07:43:25 AMToday, I should newsletter and maybe start revising that chapter. Maybe even translate a bit.

Managed a bit of all three.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I mostly need to prepare and maybe record some lectures today. But I'll also aim to get a chunk of reading done. I got a referee request this morning, too, so I'll have a glance at that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 03, 2023, 09:21:01 AMI mostly need to prepare and maybe record some lectures today. But I'll also aim to get a chunk of reading done. I got a referee request this morning, too, so I'll have a glance at that.

Did those things.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

The main thing today is to record my lectures. Alas. Might get a tiny bit of translating in.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

631 words today.  I took yesterday off because of a meeting far, far away from home.  I'll make it up tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 04, 2023, 09:51:17 AMThe main thing today is to record my lectures. Alas. Might get a tiny bit of translating in.

Did that and a Newsletter chunk, but my co-editor promptly did other things that overwrote my work, so now I have to redo it all. Sigh. It's best to stick to the system!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Reading my chunk today. I also need to read for my chapter revision.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 05, 2023, 09:57:25 AMReading my chunk today. I also need to read for my chapter revision.

Did those. Just.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Need to make some writing progress on those revisions today.
I know it's a genus.