Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by Sun_Worshiper, August 01, 2023, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Plans for today disrupted. Will get some translation done, not sure what else. Would like to still manage a little revising, but we'll see.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 27, 2023, 09:29:40 AMPlans for today disrupted. Will get some translation done, not sure what else. Would like to still manage a little revising, but we'll see.

Did some of both.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Some translation and some revision today. Also reading my quota--maybe even finishing the book, if there's time.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 28, 2023, 08:26:52 AMSome translation and some revision today. Also reading my quota--maybe even finishing the book, if there's time.

Did lots--will finish the translation tomorrow, and finished the book and several chapters, plus did some solid revising.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

Wrote about 500 words today.  I also started the book review that's due shortly.  Hopefully I'll finish that tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish my half of the translation today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I cannot believe I forgot to log on in August! I missed everyone. I just took a look at my July goals.
Update manuscript to submit to target journal #2
Write book chapters due August 1
Get started on book manuscript

Journal #2 moved my manuscript past desk review, which is such a relief!
Both book chapters have been submitted! My spouse was reluctant, but we got that submitted yesterday (the deadline was extended to August 31st from August 1st). I submitted my solo chapter the Monday prior.
I started on the book today with the preface.

Besides the above, I submitted a book chapter proposal with my colleague, and we will find out in September if we are invited to write the full chapter. I have been very busy with IRB and journal editor duties. The fellowship I had last Fall during my sabbatical finally has its report in proof form! I got to see it today, and it should be published in the next few weeks! I also should be getting a book chapter proof soon for a chapter I wrote early last year.

Besides this one new book chapter I hope to write with my colleague, my goal is focus my time on the book manuscript. The contract is to have it come out in late 2026, but I have decided to aim for a 2025 release instead for a few different reasons.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 29, 2023, 08:05:48 AMI'll finish my half of the translation today.

Done. Not only did I finish translating, I also went back and took care of my footnotes, uncertainties, etc., and added in paragraph breaks where necessary.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Touching up my fall syllabi and starting to read the PhD thesis I'm examining.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 30, 2023, 07:12:09 AMTouching up my fall syllabi and starting to read the PhD thesis I'm examining.

Read 28% of the thing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna get some revising done. Maybe also do some work on my translator's intro for that solo project.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 01, 2023, 01:06:30 PMOh whoops, it's August now!

• Revise invited chapter.
  • Finish reading book for October panel.
  • Finish and publish Newsletter.
  • Comment on a thing for a friend.

I'll be away and mostly unable to work from the 9-20, so that's enough. But if I get lucky, I can stretch to:

• Revise an article, send it out again.
  • Finish this translation
  • Write book review
  • Write up an intro and check the Latin in translation project 2

I got most of the way on the chapter revisions; I'll finish those early in September. Did a little work on the translation intro, too. And IIRC I refereed a paper in there somewhere, and started reading the PhD thesis I'm examining.

Not a bad month, really, despite that 12-day hiatus.
I know it's a genus.