News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

September Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, September 01, 2023, 10:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 26, 2023, 07:44:11 AMOne of my R&Rs was accepted with minor revisions, so that's nice.

I think today is mostly for the conference paper.

Interrupted day. Did a bit of translation checking instead.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Definitely the conference thing today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 27, 2023, 08:17:50 AMDefinitely the conference thing today.

Only managed ~400 words, but I think I've finally found the thread I'll pull.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I should try to make some measure of progress on the review and the conference talk. But I might also start on those minor revisions for the accepted paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 28, 2023, 08:29:03 AMI should try to make some measure of progress on the review and the conference talk. But I might also start on those minor revisions for the accepted paper.

Ugh. Once again, although this is supposed to be a day when I have more time to do stuff, my time was severely encroached upon. It's not a big deal, but it's starting to make me a bit jittery, because it's been basically every time for the last couple of weeks. It's hard to get things done when I have so much less time in which to do them.

Still, I managed to get the book review almost done. I just need to tidy it a bit and cut a couple of hundred words, and it's good to go. I didn't think I'd get there before the end of the month, so I'm not doing too badly despite everything.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish my review and see about the conference talk.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 29, 2023, 09:09:09 AMI'll finish my review and see about the conference talk.

Well, I finished and sent it, at least.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 03, 2023, 08:20:59 AMSeptember goals:
  • Submit proposal and three chapters of book project #1 to the publisher for review (top priority)
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague
  • Make revisions on paper #1 w colleague, in light of conference feedback
  • Make revisions to paper #2 w colleague, in light of journal rejection feedback, and try to get it off to a new journal
  • Work on paper #3 w colleagues and try to get it off to journal for a special issue with tight deadline
  • Develop and submit proposal for book chapter w colleague

I submitted book chapter proposal today and it looks like paper #3 will be off tomorrow (it is off my plate, in any case).

I also managed to get back to work on book project #1 after a short hiatus. Hoping to get in the zone on that in October.

Parasaurolophus

Looking at my minor revisions today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 30, 2023, 02:56:25 PMLooking at my minor revisions today.

Completed all but one of them. I gave the last one some thought and know what I want to do, which shouldn't be too much work but will require me not to be sleeping the hatchling and typing one-fingered.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Monthly report:

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 01, 2023, 10:30:55 AM
    • Finish revising invited chapter.
    • Finish report on PhD thesis
    • Start work on October conference talk
Reach:
    • Finish intro to solo translation project
  • Write book review.
  • Finish book proposal for solo translation project
  • Revise an article and submit it somewhere

A pretty good haul, all in all. I didn't expect to get quite so much done. I made a lot of progress on the solo project, too. It'll be ready to send soon.
I know it's a genus.