News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF proposal

Started by Vid, February 27, 2024, 02:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vid

Folks,

I wonder if anyone has the same experience. we submitted an NSF proposal on 12/19/2023 and its status date changed last Sunday (2/25)--no changes in the PD name. did anyone get status date changes within a short period? I am a bit confused, 2 months is too short to get such as feedback considering the holidays. I am sure this is not a piece of good news. 

Thank you.
"I see the world through eyes of love. I see love in every flower, in the sun and the moon, and in every person I meet." Louise L. Hay

doc700

That has happened with many of my proposals.  I think it means the proposal is assigned to reviewers/the panel.  In my experience, I still wait about 4 months to hear back; it does not mean feedback is forthcoming.

fizzycist

There are (or at least used to be) a lot of knowledgeable folks in the career thread. Afaicr, when a status change occurs it means the PO changed something in the system from their end. It could be reassigning to a different panel, could be changing the spelling of something, could be uploading reviews. Unfortunately worrying about it will definitely not increase your chances of getting the grant  :)

hazelshade

Chiming in to add that status changes after a few weeks or months are very common and essentially meaningless--I know it's hard, but I would try not to monitor this stuff too closely.

Vid

"I see the world through eyes of love. I see love in every flower, in the sun and the moon, and in every person I meet." Louise L. Hay