10 year agenda for Data Analytics/Machine Learning/Deep Learning and Cybersecurity Research

Started by kerprof, August 25, 2019, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerprof

Please advise what are the important research areas/open problems in cybersecurity that would keep a researcher (PI heading a small research group of undergraduate and graduate students) productive for next 10 years in the cybersecurity research area (field) preferably involving some sort of machine learning/data analytics/AI and distributed cyber systems (IoT/CPS/Cloud).

:mod edit: Merged two threads on closely related topics into one thread.

kerprof

Please advise what are the important research areas/open problems in data analytics/machine learning /deep learning that would
keep a researcher (as a PI heading a small research group) productive for next 10 years in the data analytics/machine learning /deep learning research area (field).

polly_mer

Have you tried looking at any of the government plans related to these areas for funding and investigation?

Have you read any of the bazillion announcements for recent/upcoming workshops in these areas and then attended at least one or read the out brief from what was discussed?

If you're not already working in these areas, then I suggest spending a couple hours just doing a web search on the terms with the addition of US Department of Defense, US Department of Energy, and US National Science Foundation (or equivalent government agencies if you're outside the US) and then ask a targeted question better than "How do I jump on the newest buzzword area?"

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

fast_and_bulbous

Quote from: kerprof on August 25, 2019, 11:29:06 PM
Please advise what are the important research areas/open problems in data analytics/machine learning /deep learning that would
keep a researcher (as a PI heading a small research group) productive for next 10 years in the data analytics/machine learning /deep learning research area (field).

I've consulted my crystal ball and the answer is....

BIOLOGY

You are welcome.
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay