Where to put article 'accepted pending revisions' on my CV?

Started by emprof, November 12, 2019, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emprof

I have an article in an awkward stage with a journal, and I need to figure out how to represent it in my tenure file. The editor's letter said it was accepted, conditional on revisions being made. I will label it as such on my CV. The question is what section to put it in? I have sections for publications in print and/or forthcoming (in proofs), publications under review (submitted but no decision yet), and publications in progress (being written). Do I create a new section for it, and if so ,what do I call it? Suggestions are welcome.

Hegemony

"Accepted pending minor revisions."  (Assuming the revisions are minor and it is not actually a revise-and-resubmit where acceptance is not assured.)

artalot

I have a section titled "Publications in Progress" that includes items in press, items accepted with revisions and items under peer review. I just add a descriptor at the end of the article title/info: "Under review" or "At Press." But this is going to depend on how many "in progress" items you have. I never have more than 2 or 3, so dividing them into separate sections would be silly. This may be field dependent, but in my field (humanities) we wouldn't list publications that we're in the midst of writing. It would look like padding.

That said, given the sections you have, I'd put it in the under review section and then indicate briefly that it's actually been accepted pending revisions.

emprof

Thanks! I've changed my 'under review' section to 'publications pending' and have 2 works in there - one that is under review (out to readers) and the article that I got the revise and resubmit notice for.

Kron3007

I list those under publications and state that it is in press where the date would normally go.  To me, once it is accepted it can be listed, especially since many journals in my field have started providing  unformatted accepted papers before the next issue comes out.

I normally would not have a section for in preparation on my CV.  However, one exception for this may be a tenure application where what you have in the pipeline is good to highlight.  In that case, I would likely put it there to highlight recent/current productivity.