Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on February 27, 2022, 08:08:34 PM
Can you ask for visiting privileges?

M.

Yes, I'm sure they'd be amenable, so there's that. And they're both librarians in our small town, so we can certainly get frequent updates.

Quote from: smallcleanrat on February 27, 2022, 08:15:50 PM
Oh, no.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with Big Cat, Parasaurolophus.

Thanks for the sympathy. It's just especially hard for them not to work out after seven years, and after they've most definitely worked out on my end. Sniffle.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Hmmm....some libraries even have their own resident cats...

Or so I've heard...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

the_geneticist

Quote from: apl68 on March 01, 2022, 07:58:34 AM
While at my parents' house over the weekend, I had much opportunity to observe their rescue kitten's behavior.  He bats toys and pieces of dry food all over the house, appears and vanishes in the blink of an eye, gets into various kinds of trouble, plays with the dog, and now and then tries to pounce on and ride the dog (Who is not much bigger than he is).  He's rather incompetent in burying his litter, although he's quite industrious in scratching and digging around while trying to do so.  He's a natural acrobat whose front end often comes to a halt before his rear end does.

It's good that kittens are so fascinating and adorable.  That and the hope that they'll catch mice (New Kitten caught his first one the evening before last, by the way) are the only two pros to set against a lot of cons.

Awww!  Kittens are so cute and capable of so much chaos! 
I've told Sir Puck he's lucky he's cute.  His list of destroyed "enemies" include: an antique cake plate, a digital camera, one smartphone screen, a decorative glass object, a decorative concrete object, and one lamp.

apl68

Quote from: the_geneticist on March 01, 2022, 11:39:39 AM
While at my parents' house over the weekend, I had much opportunity to observe their rescue kitten's behavior.  He bats toys and pieces of dry food all over the house, appears and vanishes in the blink of an eye, gets into various kinds of trouble, plays with the dog, and now and then tries to pounce on and ride the dog (Who is not much bigger than he is).  He's rather incompetent in burying his litter, although he's quite industrious in scratching and digging around while trying to do so.  He's a natural acrobat whose front end often comes to a halt before his rear end does.

It's good that kittens are so fascinating and adorable.  That and the hope that they'll catch mice (New Kitten caught his first one the evening before last, by the way) are the only two pros to set against a lot of cons.

I've told Sir Puck he's lucky he's cute.  His list of destroyed "enemies" include: an antique cake plate, a digital camera, one smartphone screen, a decorative glass object, a decorative concrete object, and one lamp.

This one broke a large vase right before my eyes only a couple of nights ago.  I now have to be careful at my parents' house not to leave my hands unguarded, lest they be clawed.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

smallcleanrat

I am imagining a parody of The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.

Instead of a caterpillar eating things, every turn of the page shows Sir Puck destroying a different object.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

the_geneticist

Quote from: smallcleanrat on March 01, 2022, 01:58:43 PM

I am imagining a parody of The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.

Instead of a caterpillar eating things, every turn of the page shows Sir Puck destroying a different object.

Ha! That would be great!  "Sir Puck the Rompy, Stompy cat"
We have now used quake hold, also called museum wax, to secure items like lamps & vases.

Parasaurolophus

Tomorrow's the day. I dread it.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Larimar

Parasaurolophus

It's done. They sent us a video a couple of hours ago, though, and he seemed pretty happy. With any luck, I'm sadder than he is.

It sure feels empty around here with only two out of three cats, though. Three was always too many, but...
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 05, 2022, 09:29:32 PM
It's done. They sent us a video a couple of hours ago, though, and he seemed pretty happy. With any luck, I'm sadder than he is.

It sure feels empty around here with only two out of three cats, though. Three was always too many, but...

So sorry. :(

nebo113

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 05, 2022, 09:29:32 PM

Hugs and tears

Parasaurolophus

Thank you.

So far, he seems to have adjusted very well to his new people and environment. From their reports, videos, and pictures, he seems pretty comfortable, like he's getting more of the kind of attention he needs, and like he's already appreciating having fewer stressors around (especially no longer having the bedroom door closed, and being able to climb into bed again). So that's all to the good, although it's paradoxically just as heartbreaking for me.

*sniffle*
I know it's a genus.